real diamond in the rough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
    It looks unlike a real carbon deposit that was exposed to high pressure and high temperature for prolonged periods of time in the rough coarse, cragged, craggy, harsh, ironbound, jagged, ragged, rugged, scabrous, uneven.

Indeed.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      Meaning

Someone who is basically good hearted but lacking social graces and respect for the law.

This term is often used to describe people on the edge of the criminal fraternity who, while they may not commit serious crimes themselves, probably know people who do.

sid-jamesThe English comic actor, the late Sid James, typified the type on and off stage and was typecast in such roles. For example, he played Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond in the Ealing comedy Carry On Up The Khyber. That was quite appropriate for this phrase as it turns out - Sid James worked in a diamond mine in South Africa before becoming an actor.

Wait, wut?
      Go punch your English professor in the fucking throat you arrogant fucking punk.

Someone (or something) that has hidden exceptional characteristics and/or future potential, but currently lacks the final touches that would make them (or it) truly stand out from the crowd.

The phrase is metaphorical and relates to the fact that naturally occurring diamonds are quite ordinary at first glance, and that their true beauty as jewels is only realized through the cutting and polishing process.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
        Go punch your English professor in the fucking throat you arrogant fucking punk.

Someone (or something) that has hidden exceptional characteristics and/or future potential, but currently lacks the final touches that would make them (or it) truly stand out from the crowd.

The phrase is metaphorical and relates to the fact that naturally occurring diamonds are quite ordinary at first glance, and that their true beauty as jewels is only realized through the cutting and polishing process.
        Arrogant punk? Arrogant maybe, but I am certainly not a punk.... at least anymore.

That being said, how the fuck is that car lacking any "finishing touches"? It is in pristine fucking condition. Take the god damn plastic off and haul ass. In no way is that car ordinary at first glance, it is a Cobra R, an extremely prolific turn key racecar.

Now untie your panties and go back to being a degenerate moron. God damn.... I really need to stop having these battles of wits with unarmed people.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          Arrogant punk? Arrogant maybe, but I am certainly not a punk.... at least anymore.

That being said, how the fuck is that car lacking any "finishing touches"? It is in pristine fucking condition. Take the god damn plastic off and haul ass. In no way is that car ordinary at first glance, it is a Cobra R, an extremely prolific turn key racecar.

Now untie your panties and go back to being a degenerate moron. God damn.... I really need to stop having these battles of wits with unarmed people.

this thread

________

your head

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
            this post

________

your head
            Ok

Comment

Won times I founded a diamond on my roof.
              Ded

Comment

Steve's car is way faster than that.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  Steve's wife's car is way faster than that.
                  Fixed!

And LOLz at the English minor.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

A bird in the hand is worth two bushel's of meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                      A bird in the hand is worth two bushel's of meat.
                      Exactly, a stitch in time saves a ham sandwich

or something like that
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Comment

Shut up Beech!
                          Ded

Comment

I can go ahead and mark CWO down as a dumbass? Thanks for making it abundantly clear, C.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                              I can go ahead and mark CWO down as a dumbass? Thanks for making it abundantly clear, C.
                              Yeah, you go ahead and do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                Exactly, a stitch in time saves a ham sandwich

or something like that
                                Needless to say, this is quite...oh wait, I'm not supposed to say needless to say, am I?

Comment

Working...
                                X