Someone looking for a Mopar project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone looking for a Mopar project?

I don't know Mopars that well but this doesn't seem like a bad deal to me....http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2584724410.html
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

That is a pretty good deal. Hopefully it won't need much in the way of parts, because they are a BITCH to find for 1st gen Chargers. I wish I had $7000 to spare, I'd probably jump on it.
    My dad had one with same color scheme when I was born, but his was a factory 383 car.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I talked with this guy a week or two ago. Super nice guy. Good deal for someone.

Comment

Nothing like blaming the dad for our crazy car addiction

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
          Nothing like blaming the dad for our crazy car addiction
          yup!

Comment

Wasn't there a ford car that looked a lot like that too? Not very pleasing to the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
              Wasn't there a ford car that looked a lot like that too? Not very pleasing to the eyes.
              yeah, the fastback Torino's. never liked that style myself.

Comment

I'd pass, least desirable of the first 3 charger gens

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                  I'd pass, least desirable of the first 3 charger gens
                  Yeah, not a fan of that style.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                    I don't know Mopars that well but this doesn't seem like a bad deal to me....http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2584724410.html

A `66 318 car at that price, with proper amount of restoration monies will net you about what the car would max out at, not much more.

A Hemi clone might fetch a little more if one could get the mill cheap enough.

I'm pretty fond of the `66 but would give my left nut for a `69.

David

Comment

I used to have a '66 Charger with a 325hp 383/auto. It was pale yellow with pearlescent white seats and black carpets. My great grandfather bought it new. Well actually, he was the dealership manager and it was his dealer demo that he had for 1966. He liked it so much he purchased it.

Those are good looking cars, very solid and well-built. I have noticed that these cars (and most Mopars for that matter) are rarely built "right". They can be really sharp in the right style.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        I used to have a '66 Charger with a 325hp 383/auto. It was pale yellow with pearlescent white seats and black carpets. My great grandfather bought it new. Well actually, he was the dealership manager and it was his dealer demo that he had for 1966. He liked it so much he purchased it.

Those are good looking cars, very solid and well-built. I have noticed that these cars (and most Mopars for that matter) are rarely built "right". They can be really sharp in the right style.

I know someone who has an orginal `66 Hemi car (think he's acutally the 3rd owner). If I remember correctly, it's that same color.

Edit: Never mind, it's brown, and the only thing I don't love about the car is a ghosted billboard HEMI on the side.

David

Comment

love that car.... but a 69 is more what i would want.

Comment

in the ad he says health forces sell at 7000. then says or possible trade. you sick and need the cash or want a different ride?

Comment

Originally posted by blk95 View Post
                              in the ad he says health forces sell at 7000. then says or possible trade. you sick and need the cash or want a different ride?
                              Maybe it's that car that is making him sick.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X