No announcement yet.

Post up your best injuries *graphic*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, lucky for me the first guy took all the heat out of it. I wasn't aware I was hit until after I helped him into the living room. No pain until the damn doctor decided to dig around in there to get the jacket out. A chest shot might have been better. We had on our upgraded ceramic tactical vests (IIRC they were good for 7.62).
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
    George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
      Well, lucky for me the first guy took all the heat out of it. I wasn't aware I was hit until after I helped him into the living room. No pain until the damn doctor decided to dig around in there to get the jacket out. A chest shot might have been better. We had on our upgraded ceramic tactical vests (IIRC they were good for 7.62).
      Yeah, a chest shot woulda been better, but in that situation a Jack Daniels shot would have been much appreciated.

The "digging around" part makes me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Yeah, a chest shot woulda been better, but in that situation a Jack Daniels shot would have been much appreciated.

The "digging around" part makes me cringe.
        LoL! Yeah, it made me cringe too! <-----What I assume my face looked like.
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
        George Orwell

Comment

Damn Jimmy, I have a S&W 357, I can only imagine what it would be on the business end of that thing - FUCK THAT!!

I don't have pics, but when I was around 11-12 years old I wrecked on a bicycle in a major way.

I was in my apartment complex riding my bicycle around in the parking lot, a car started down the hill towards me - so I moved over to the side, about a foot or so off of the firelane stripe. As the car passed, I turned to see if it was clear for me to go back out in the street...but I hit a boat trailer tongue that was sticking out past the line. I flipped over the handlebars and hit the jack post of the boat right below my eye, full speed, full weight. I blinked and got up thinking that I should be feeling some sort of pain - but didn't. Then I saw the blood pouring out of my face. I got a quick rush to the ER where I had 100-200 stitches that were several layers deep. Knocked most of my top LH teeth loose, but didn't come out. Ended up having 3 plastic surgeries to make the scar heal up in the smile line etc.. not fun. Sorry, no pics.

Comment

Geez, this must have been quite a while ago to be issued a .357. So it went through him, you, and a bathtub?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Scraping head gasket few years ago
              Last edited by Swamp Donkey; 04-15-2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Geez, this must have been quite a while ago to be issued a .357. So it went through him, you, and a bathtub?
                It happened in April 1996.
                George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                X