• Show
Clear All

I'd rather have a stock Carerra GT...

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
      I'd rather have a stock Carerra GT...
      Meh, I'd rather have a gt3,. I like the car though

Comment

That shifter location is very reminiscent of a Lotus GT I drove once. Odd but I got used to it very quickly.

David

Comment

Love me some of that Gembella Porsche.... not so much so the Lotus, looks like a dog trying to crap out a peach seed ( is that even an expression anymore?).

mardyn

Comment

I'd take the OEM Porsche GT over the Gemaballa version.

That roof air intake and biplane rear spoiler just ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlhay2 View Post
              I'd take the OEM Porsche GT over the Gemaballa version.

That roof air intake and biplane rear spoiler just ruin it.

So does the swimming pool deck on a Pro Mod, but if they're functional, I'll take it.

David

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                Love me some of that Gembella Porsche.... not so much so the Lotus, looks like a dog trying to crap out a peach seed ( is that even an expression anymore?).

mardyn
                No.

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post

mardyn
                  bring that shit back, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    Did you ever post any pictures? I wanna see it. If you don't want them plastered all over you can PM me. I've been in lust with Porsche since before I knew what one was.
                    I haven't...honestly just haven't really taken any pics yet. I will before long though.

I've always been a pretty hardcore fan of the american muscle era...probably 90% of the cars I've owned were all American, but just like you said above...there's always been something about the 911's that struck me...I can remember as a kid even lusting over the 78'-79' 930's....has to be a bug-eye tho, I never liked slant nose cars. The chance to own one has presented itself a few times over the years, but I always seemed to talk myself out of it for one reason or another....I guess the truth of it is that I just never knew much about them, and I'm also one that has to work on my own shit (just out of principal).

Nevertheless, this time around I got serious....I started looking at 993's and late 964's b/c they really are my favorite looking era now-a-days, but after doing a lot of research, getting to know some owners and talking to people I decided on a 996 as my first stab....they are cheaper and I really didn't want to finance...and like most people I only had so much to work with so didn't want to break the bank either...I also want to drive it more often and not worry about the weather when I do....it seems that the air cooled cars can be more temperamental in extreme heat like we get here in the summer months. Although not as desireable as their air-cooled older brothers, the 996's are often referred to as "little German Hondas" b/c of their reliability....they also have a great balance of creature comforts. I've been getting about 25mpg too, and that's with a pretty good amount of spirited driving.

Anyways....I'm looking into a few mods for it now, but I've had it long enough to say WOW! Wish I hadn't waited so long! I'd love to have an older one too...like an old 80's SC with a 3.2 conversion...or hell, how about one with a Renegade LS3 conversion!

Originally posted by MrSS View Post
                    I've used it. Put it on my Z06 and it keeps the wheels pretty clean. Then I gave it a real test. I put it on one wheel of my wifes Jetta. Then we drove to South Dakota and back. After about 1800miles the front wheel was barely showing signs of dust and the rear was a complete mess.
                    Great! Thanks for the info....I'll pick some up this weekend.
                    70' Chevelle RagTop
                    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                    X