shoulder cam US troops assault Taliban village

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
    Do soldiers just drop the empty mags? I never thought about it until I watched this vid. Got me wondering if they have to o back and pick them up or just leave them on the ground. Seems like leaving them would be the best option.
    I always tried to keep my left cargo pocket free to put empties in if possible, but I spent most of my time in convoys or on force pro so its not like I had to worry about it too much.

Comment

Hmmmm now I wanna go shoot my ar

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
        Air support is used when you have an hour or two to wait for it to run through the chain of command and be denied a couple of times before finally getting approved...maybe.
        Fixed.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
          Fixed.
          aka cluster fuck.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It would make sense to me if you are running troops, then you could use a helicopter with FLIR or optics to scout the route before sending people in harm's way.

Or, use a P3 to check it out, or even better yet use one of our super-capable satellites.

Anything is better than sending in troops to a hot area to come home in body bags.

Comment

What we did was as you drop one mag, you dump it into your cargo pocket and slap in another. By the time you get to combat it's second nature and muscle memory. I had a SAW and those had drums that you could just drop when you were done, but my mags? I held onto every one of them
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                It would make sense to me if you are running troops, then you could use a helicopter with FLIR or optics to scout the route before sending people in harm's way.

Or, use a P3 to check it out, or even better yet use one of our super-capable satellites.

Anything is better than sending in troops to a hot area to come home in body bags.
                I've never been in combat, but it seems the resources wouldn't be available to provide CAS for every group of 4 ground pounders doing a cache check.

Comment

As my old Battalion CDR said, "I'm still waiting on air missions I called in for Panama"

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                    As my old Battalion CDR said, "I'm still waiting on air missions I called in for Panama"
                    hahaha
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                    X