No announcement yet.

P-51 Crashes !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do they identify the pilot in situations like that? I assume there is not much left, just by record of him boarding the plane?

Comment

• Originally posted by zachary View Post
      How do they identify the pilot in situations like that? I assume there is not much left, just by record of him boarding the plane?
      you mean the body?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
        Very interesting report. Perhaps I missed it, but what were they attributing the wrinkles in the fuselage to?
        they didn't say, they were merely noting it, along with the other failures in load design to generally say the aircraft was not modified properly for the intended use of higher loads well beyond the original design.

What the report basically did was crucify the guy/team that designed, modified and maintained the aircraft. All those that were killed or injured have valid claims against that group. Hope their insurance is paid up.

Comment

• The report said that the gaps were "due to extreme stress on the airframe," noting that he had flown 40mph faster than the plane had ever gone that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
            you mean the body?
            yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
              The report said that the gaps were "due to extreme stress on the airframe," noting that he had flown 40mph faster than the plane had ever gone that day.
              yep...forgot that part. errors of speed reading. They also had a picture of the canopy flexing open. Amazing pictures really.

Comment

Working...
              X