ZR1 vs. LFA on the Ring overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
    Love the hatin, GM out did the Japs and the Euro trash for a third of the money.
    yet couldnt beat the Dodge boys who ran faster for even less money

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      yet couldnt beat the Dodge boys who ran faster for even less money
      The viper gets a lot of shit for being a "POS" car...but in the hands of a professional it's hard to beat.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
        The viper gets a lot of shit for being a "POS" car...but in the hands of a professional it's hard to beat.
        In the hands of your average amatuer it's a recipe for disaster. Vipers are a handful to drive which is fun at first, then it gets abit irritating after awhile when you're trying to beat on it.

In a Vette, you have to be near a serious world class idiot to get the car to be unstable with all the assists turned on. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          In the hands of your average amatuer it's a recipe for disaster. Vipers are a handful to drive which is fun at first, then it gets abit irritating after awhile when you're trying to beat on it.

In a Vette, you have to be near a serious world class idiot to get the car to be unstable with all the assists turned on. lol.
          actually, the 08' up vipers can be driven by a monkey as long as the right foot has a brain. the earlier vipers were too stiff and were VERY finicky.

That being said, any idiot can wreck any car regardless of driver aids being turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
            260* ect and no popped head gasket? man, makes me feel like a sissy for freaking out when my ls was hitting 230 on those 110* days. ended up rebuilding the whole cooling system to get it to run at 210 max on 110* days.
            LS motors run real hot compared to ford motors for reference.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              LS motors run real hot compared to ford motors for reference.
              ya, it is just hard to break the mentality of, "230*! WTF! SHE'S GONNA BLOW", so i just kept tweaking the cooling system till i got it where i feel better. at 230 the only indication it was running hot was the gauge, motor has never had even a hiccup.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                ya, it is just hard to break the mentality of, "230*! WTF! SHE'S GONNA BLOW", so i just kept tweaking the cooling system till i got it where i feel better. at 230 the only indication it was running hot was the gauge, motor has never had even a hiccup.
                that's still pretty hot though. You have it in a fox though, right? Could be the rad placement in those cars that's giving you the trouble. F bodies and vettes have a very large space set aside for the radiator. Also, it could be your thermostat. 190 is factory. Going with a 180 sometimes causes temps to be higher in the long run oddly enough. My vette stays around 190-210.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                X