Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZR1 vs. LFA on the Ring overlay

Great vid:

ZR1 and LFA are neck and neck until mid-way through the video when the LFA starts to pull away. As much as it pains me to admit it, I think the ZR1 was starting to heat soak a little bit. I experienced this issue this past Sunday at MSR when my coolant hit 260F+.

I guess GM has to draw the line somewhere on cost/benefit of engine cooling, etc. and I hit it.

Of course, the LFA Nurburgring edition costs 4 times what a ZR1 costs, so part of that extra cost gets you a car that feels fresh at the end of the Ring run whereas the ZR1 was a bit 'tired.'
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

its pretty obvious from the video that zr1 has more acceleration (in the straightaways) but i wish there was a driver cam of the LFA, wonder if he was sawing back and forth as much as the ZR1 driver. Cant you upgrade the cooling system yourself to eliminate/lessen heatsoak?
    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

260* ect and no popped head gasket? man, makes me feel like a sissy for freaking out when my ls was hitting 230 on those 110* days. ended up rebuilding the whole cooling system to get it to run at 210 max on 110* days.

Comment

cool vid.

LFA costs well over 3 times what a new ZR1 sells for. It outta drag serious ZR1 ass for that money.

Comment

The LFA driver did seem smoother than Mero (ZR1 driver), but both are excellent drivers, I'm sure.

260 was when the "Engine HOT, reduced power" or some crap came on the DIC (info display), so I seriously doubt Chevy would put the warning at a temp that would pop a head gasket. Coolant had dropped 20 degrees within a minute or two of slowing down and short shifting and another 40 degrees when I took it out on 377 for several miles of cooldown driving. I could enhance the cooling system, but I wanted to keep the car stock for obvious reasons, so I just won't drive it at MSR 3.1 when it's 100F out.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

I swear some of you guys need to get past the price vs HP. While I'd never pay 300euros for a lexus there's a lot more to it than just being fast. corvettes are so blaa

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
              I swear some of you guys need to get past the price vs HP. While I'd never pay 300euros for a lexus there's a lot more to it than just being fast. corvettes are so blaa
              I agree. Corvettes are hunks of blah and the $375,000USD LFA is where it's at. I mean nearly the whole car is spun from a carbon fiber loom, has a V10 that revs out to 9k+, impeccable build quality and materials. It's definitely more than the sum of it's parts.

That is why I only wear a IWC Grande Complication Perpetual watch, Tistoni shoes, and H. Huntsman custom suits from Savile Row.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

LOL, there is nothing blah about a ZR1. It's an American supercar that is actually obtainable for more than just the super rich.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                  I agree. Corvettes are hunks of blah and the $375,000USD LFA is where it's at. I mean nearly the whole car is spun from a carbon fiber loom, has a V10 that revs out to 9k+, impeccable build quality and materials. It's definitely more than the sum of it's parts.

That is why I only wear a IWC Grande Complication Perpetual watch, Tistoni shoes, and H. Huntsman custom suits from Savile Row.
                  well I don't think they're hunks of junk just bland cars imo that are on every corner. I think the LFA is a pricey lexas. I'm more of a f40 kind of guy.

Comment

well I don't think they're hunks of junk just bland cars imo that are on every corner. I think the LFA is a pricey lexas. I'm more of a f40 kind of guy.
                    LOL, wow.

Comment

I'm more of a Bugatti Veyron kind of guy trapped in middle America. Oh well, such is life.
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

How man zr1's have you seen? I've seen 2, and I look hard for them.
                        Every corner is a bit of an exaggeration, guy.
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          How man zr1's have you seen? I've seen 2, and I look hard for them.
                          Every corner is a bit of an exaggeration, guy.
                          Its just another corvette, I've seen way more than two. The corvette is a played out car. You slap a stock c6, z51,gran sport,z06 and zr1 and the average person will just think its a reglar vette. Stick a LFA next to it and they're gonna ask WTF is that. Just another Corvette..... granted its a fast one haha just not for me

Comment

That is what I like about my car, people think it's just another Vette.

gixxer, you are on the wrong board, dude. You need to go hang on sixspeed with all the Ferrari, Lambo, and other exotic guys. Most of us on this board couldn't give two shits about image and prestige. We care about fast and fun cars at reasonable prices, which is the whole point of the Mustang, Camaro, Vette, etc.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

Its just another corvette, I've seen way more than two. The corvette is a played out car. You slap a stock c6, z51,gran sport,z06 and zr1 and the average person will just think its a reglar vette. Stick a LFA next to it and they're gonna ask WTF is that. Just another Corvette..... granted its a fast one haha just not for me
                              If you care what the average person thinks about your car, you have the car for the wrong reason in the first place.

The ZR1 and Z06 is about all around performance. Aluminum frame, carbon fiber panels, amazing balance and handling, awesome power to weight ratio to give performance to compete and beat some of the best supercars in the world for a fraction of the price. What is "blah" about that? Your argument doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X