Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hunt4m3x View Post
    I still have the whole set.

I had all but Disk 3 of server hanging in my cubicle at Dell, before I moved to Austin to work from home.

We were always on the hunt for Disk 3 everytime we had to clean up the storage area, or lab.

Comment

PC load letter! WTF does that mean?
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

I still use them on a semi regular basis. Old program I run on my Trash 80 for designing/tuning speaker boxes.

Comment

Those of you that think you have these things, and have any sort of ability to read them might want to check that the disks are still good. Diskettes like the ones I posted, in perfect storage conditions, the shelf life is 20-30 years. In non-optimal conditions, like a damp dusty closet, it drops to 5-10 years. Just an interesting fact I learned a long time ago. These have been wiped by me with a giant magnet and I will be using them to make some wall art. Will post up pictures when I'm done.

Comment

Man, I haven't seen EIGHT inch floppies since the Eighties.

As a kid, I saved my code to cassette tape for my Vic 20 and Timex Sinclair 1000.

I feel fuckin old now..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              Man, I haven't seen EIGHT inch floppies since the Eighties.

As a kid, I saved my code to cassette tape for my Vic 20 and Timex Sinclair 1000.

I feel fuckin old now..
              LOL! I know what that stuff is, but I've never used it. The earliest form of storage I used was a 5.5 inch floppy to play text adventure games :P

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                I had a cassette drive on my Commadore Vic 20. That's fucking old school.
                You haven't played video games until you have waited three hours for one to load off of a cassette tape drive.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

ummmm whats a floppy disk.........

Comment

I remember playing a game called "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego," using floppies. And it sucked, because every time you would go to a new destination, you would have to load a new disk. 30 minutes to play 2 minutes of the game.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      You haven't played video games until you have waited three hours for one to load off of a cassette tape drive.
                      Try loading a game on punch cards ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                        Try loading a game on punch cards ...
                        LMGDAO! Anyone who has ever programmed or used a program using punch-cards has a story about dropping the box of cards and frustratingly trying to figure out what order they go back in!

Comment

Working...
                        X