Is my tree dying/dead ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my tree dying/dead ?

In the pics it is hard to distinguish but, there are three Bradford trees right next to each other.

The one on the left started dropping leaves about a month ago and it dropping more and more now. To the point that I'm going to go rake so it doesnt kill my grass. The other two trees look fine and all the leaves are green and not falling.

If its dying, do I let it go ahead and let it die and then cut it down, or should I just go ahead and cut it down now?

TIA

Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Na. I bet it comes back bigger & fuller this spring.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Get rid of them. If they aren't dying, they will. Bradford's are ideal for quick growth and shade, but they are notorious for premature death.

Comment

I wouldn't cut it down, but I would cut back any dead branches.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That tree looks good compared to other trees I've seen. This summer has been so hot that even when watering the trees they are starting to look like that. The tree is trying to conserve water because the dry ground goes a lot deeper this year.

Comment

It's got a vibrant core. Just go over there and scratch it with your thumbnail.

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
              Na. I bet it comes back bigger & fuller this spring.
              I hope so

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
              Get rid of them. If they aren't dying, they will. Bradford's are ideal for quick growth and shade, but they are notorious for premature death.
              They were here when we bought the house in 03. I've heard they only live 15-20 years, so I wouldn't plant another one in its place I don't think. Other than that they are great trees, they bloom flowers in the spring and generally just look great.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I wouldn't cut it down, but I would cut back any dead branches.
              I plan on cutting them back this weekend, bulk trash is next week.
              They have actually grown a lot over the summer, because in June before my neice's bday party, I considered trimming them and didn't.

Originally posted by Avery'sDad View Post
              That tree looks good compared to other trees I've seen. This summer has been so hot that even when watering the trees they are starting to look like that. The tree is trying to conserve water because the dry ground goes a lot deeper this year.
              I hear ya, I've actually watered quite a bit back there because I'm trying to get my st.auggy to spread fast. That's part of what has me concerned is that it's been getting water.

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              Serious ? What am I looking for when I scratch it?
              Vortex rear stand $75
              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Looks heat stressed...

Comment

Our neighbors two Bradford Pear trees died in late spring well before the heat. Since that time I have noticed alot of dead Bradford Pears and can only assume they succumbed to disease this year, wide spread. If you wish to salvage this tree if not already too late I would seek immediate professional assistance.
                  2002 Trans am RayMac 408/Chris Frank Dart Pro 1's 4L80 RMVB w/brake Narrowed Fab 9" Wolfe Hal Madman UMI Bogart Super Victor Accufab NX Direct Port Sorta Quick !!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasVortex View Post
                    Our neighbors two Bradford Pear trees died in late spring well before the heat. Since that time I have noticed alot of dead Bradford Pears and can only assume they succumbed to disease this year, wide spread. If you wish to salvage this tree if not already too late I would seek immediate professional assistance.
                    I'm going to find out from neighbors how old this tree is first.

It does have small new branches (feeders) on it so, maybe it is just heat stressed. Also, there are no dead branches on this tree, I just looked. Just dead falling leaves. The two trees next to it look fine.
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

There is nothing wrong with it. It happens all the time. SEB had it right the first time. The tree will come back stronger next spring..

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                      The problem with Bradford's is that it is one of the weaker hardwoods. It isn't dense at all like Oak, which is why it grows fast.

The real problem is wind knocking them over. Mine are both 11 years old but I keep them pruned along the bottom and I thin them out every so often so their is less tree for the wind to grab a hold of..

Comment

i Lol'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                          Serious ? What am I looking for when I scratch it?
                          LOL - sorry man - it's a Ron White bit

Comment

LOL - sorry man - it's a Ron White bit
                            hahaha, that was fuckin funny. I'm looking for the same qualities in a tree that he is looking for !
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                            X