No announcement yet.

I've done it again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a friend in Bedford selling a fairly decent 1968 GMC. If anyone's interested in shoot me a PM for more info.

/hi jack

Comment

Man, If I had a little more cash I would love to stab a 5.3 in my '69 3/4 ton. I have all the time in the world, and the shop to do it, yet no cash flow. Such is life. Looks good man. What trans are you hoping for?
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        I wish you would buy my retarded next door neighbor's C10 from him. He likes to fire it up and rev it to the moon at a time of his choosing between 10pm and 5am.
        Maybe Delroy Lindo is showing up unannounced?

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
          Dad bought a short-wide '67 yesterday that's supposed to be in pretty good shape. Guess that'll be the next project as soon as I get this '54 Ford out of the shop.

Rreemo, where did the 6.0 come from ?

-Aaron
          i've always wondered where the term "short wide" came from...i just assume that people misinterpret "swb". i mean, swb stands for short wheel base (as far as i know), and i don't think that anything is any wider on a swb vs a lwb. i hear people use the term a lot, though.

rheemo, that is going to be a great setup, and that truck is clean! i was looking for a swb with a newer fuel injected engine/aod for my daughter, but it's tough to find someone selling a nice one for a reasonable amount of money.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
            i've always wondered where the term "short wide" came from...i just assume that people misinterpret "swb". i mean, swb stands for short wheel base (as far as i know), and i don't think that anything is any wider on a swb vs a lwb. i hear people use the term a lot, though.

rheemo, that is going to be a great setup, and that truck is clean! i was looking for a swb with a newer fuel injected engine/aod for my daughter, but it's tough to find someone selling a nice one for a reasonable amount of money.
            SWB- I've often wondered if it was wheel base, or wide bed, but there is a universal understanding as to what its referencing, so I never have asked the question.

Short wide bed (fleet side), as opposed to a short step side.
            Yes, there is long bed, step sides too, therefore LWB is still a relevant term.

Short wide, as opposed to short narrow (step side).
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

My brother had a 68 short wide like the black one in the picture (with the trim and the big back window) in high school/ college. It was light blue with a white top with Western Cyclone wheels. It was one a really sweet truck and pretty rare in midwest. Wish I had it now.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                SWB- I've often wondered if it was wheel base, or wide bed, but there is a universal understanding as to what its referencing, so I never have asked the question.

That makes sense...the step side is a narrow bed...maybe that's where the term came from.

Comment

Yeah, I always took "short-wide" to refer to the short bed, fleetsides because the bed is physically wider than a stepside bed.

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post

I always assume swb means "short-wide bed".

That makes sense...the step side is a narrow bed...maybe that's where the term came from.
                  That's how I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                    Yeah, I always took "short-wide" to refer to the short bed, fleetsides because the bed is physically wider than a stepside bed.

I always assume swb means "short-wide bed".

That's how I look at it.
                    Ya learn something new everyday! I've wondered why people call them that...now it makes sense.

As far as swb/lwb...I've always thought they meant short/long wheel base.

Comment

Working...
                    X