• Show
Clear All

I love general lee, just wish every swinging dick didn't have a replica

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Airwolf and the Fall Guy took him out.
      Nope it was tj hooker and hard castle & McCormick

Comment

Did anyone else notice that the General was the wrong year. The one in this vid had the 4 round tail lights. WRONG....

And I'm in the camp that can't choose between them.
        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
          Did anyone else notice that the General was the wrong year. The one in this vid had the 4 round tail lights. WRONG....

Yea it's supposed to be a '69

Comment

And the Bandit was missing the CB antenna on the back.

Comment

Wouldn't a bandit be a 400 4 speed car? Most automatics were old 403 cars...
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              As always, my criticisms should never be taken as if I wouldn't go balls deep in it.

Comment

Didn't notice it since I didn't fullscreen it and it was too dark, but looking closer they actually used 2 different cars. The very start it has correct 69 taillights.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                  Yea it's supposed to be a '69

It has the correct taillights on it all the way through. When he's on the brakes the tail lamps make it look like the quad tails but it's just the brake lights on.

Originally posted by Dawkins View Post
                  Wouldn't a bandit be a 400 4 speed car? Most automatics were old 403 cars...
                  The car in Smokey and the Bandit was a 6.6L/auto. From what I read the 403 was for CA and high altitude climates
                  --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                    The car in Smokey and the Bandit was a 6.6L/auto. From what I read the 403 was for CA and high altitude climates
                    There were several cars used in the movie. Some were auto, some were manual. In the scene where he pulls out of Snowman's driveway, he gets an obvious manual trans second-gear scratch.

As for which is better, what kind of fucking retard would take a '70s GM smog-engined luxury car over the finest styled / engineered muscle car ever conceived? You'd have to be dumbshit to prefer a '77 Trans Am over a '69 Charger R/T.

And this is coming from a guy that has very fond memories of a '77 Special Edition Trans Am (that's the official name of the black/gold package).

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Damn dude, you were already losing your hair.

Comment

I was blessed from an early age.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Always wanted an old school T/A...
                          04 GT
                          91 LX

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            There were several cars used in the movie. Some were auto, some were manual. In the scene where he pulls out of Snowman's driveway, he gets an obvious manual trans second-gear scratch.
                            I've read that too, but anytime it was an in-car shot, it was always an auto.

And you don't think that thing could scratch 2nd with an auto? I could get my GTP to scratch 2nd gear. It probably makes more Tq than an old T/A though LOL
                            --Marcus

Comment

Where are Starsky and Hutch and Bullit when you need them?
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I love it, grew up watching both shows
                                True Street MotorSports
                                901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                                McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                                Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Working...
                                X