No announcement yet.

Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like "they" have had the video removed. insert conspiracy theory here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
      Kevin Coster did also.
      Dr Magnus Pike trumps all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
        If I recall correctly, Carter banned the reprocessing of Plutonium to reduce the chances or nuclear weapon proliferation.

Thorium is not capable of nuclear detonation. It also does not need to be reprocessed because it burns much more completely than Plutonium or Uranium. The ban does not apply.

Any element with an atomic number higher then 230 can be used to build a fusion bomb.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

If I recall correctly, Carter banned the reprocessing of Plutonium to reduce the chances or nuclear weapon proliferation.

Thorium is not capable of nuclear detonation. It also does not need to be reprocessed because it burns much more completely than Plutonium or Uranium. The ban does not apply.
          Wrong. He banned reprocessing fuel because that is how Plutonium is removed from a breeder reactor.

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          Any element with an atomic number higher then 230 can be used to build a fusion bomb.
          Incorrect. Only fissile isotopes will.

You could have a moutain of Uranium-238 and it wouldn't do shit.
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

But how well does it prevent tooth decay/cavities?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              But how well does it prevent tooth decay/cavities?
              After you spit, do you have to rinse your mouth with water? Elvis? Geor?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                After you spit, do you have to rinse your mouth with water? Elvis? Geor?
                Me and elvis know nothing about spitting, you asshole. But everything about swallowing!
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                  Wrong. He banned reprocessing fuel because that is how Plutonium is removed from a breeder reactor.

Incorrect. Only fissile isotopes will.

You could have a moutain of Uranium-238 and it wouldn't do shit.
                  I stand by my claim. Fissile isotopes just lower the temp/pressure threshold to something that can be achieved by us mortals.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                    Me and elvis know nothing about spitting, you asshole. But everything about swallowing!
                    Don't you guys ever get full and have to spit?

Comment

So how does that apply to a Thorium Fluoride reactor?

Comment

I stand by my claim. Fissile isotopes just lower the temp/pressure threshold to something that can be achieved by us mortals.
                        Fissile material means that when the isotope absorbes a neutron, there is a high probability that the atom will fission. No amount of pressure will change the nuclear properties.

So how does that apply to a Thorium Fluoride reactor?
                        Thorium 232 is not a fissile nucleous. The salt is circulated through the reactor and some of the atoms aborb a neutron to Thorium 233. It does a double beta decay into Uranium 233.

This uranium 233 must be seperated out of the thorium.
                        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Fissile material means that when the isotope absorbes a neutron, there is a high probability that the atom will fission. No amount of pressure will change the nuclear properties.
                          I know how it works. ANY matter will start a fusion chain reaction if the temperature and pressures get high enough.

Comment

I know how it works. ANY matter will start a fusion chain reaction if the temperature and pressures get high enough.
                            Lol, ok man.
                            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

there is some seriously WIERD SYENCE chatter in here

Comment

Originally posted by TheTRiM View Post
                                there is some seriously WIERD SYENCE chatter in here
                                Lol I only get that reference because my uncle and I had a few beers and he said I needed to watch this classic.
                                Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Working...
                                X