No announcement yet.

Bad Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stolen wallet is hard to believe, but it's sadly true. The guy was pinned in his truck, and in a complete daze. As he related: he remembers trying to push his door open and seeing his arm bend in the middle, then someone rifling through his pockets, and then help arriving and getting loaded onto a helo. At first he thought the guy going through his pockets was trying to help him, but it was several days, maybe a week or so later before he realized his wallet was missing. There really aren't words to express how fucked up that was.

Edit: so as not to completely hijack the thread, OPs pics are hardcore!
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

When my Dad was my age (31) he had something similar happen, it was 1960, driving back to the ranch from Houston, big truck veered into his lane, killed his first wife and 1 year old daughter. My dad was in a coma for three weeks, broke almost everything below the waist, had all his teeth knocked out. Woke up to find his family dead and buried. I don't know how he didn't put a bullet in his head then, but I'm glad he didn't. I'm in his shoes now, 31 with a year old daughter, and I can't even imagine going through that.
      Slow moving projects
      1964 C10 350/700r4
      1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Damn. That's horrible man.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTRiM View Post
          cops do it to people every single day
          You are an asshole.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Damn. That's horrible man.
            I agree. I hope no one has to follow in his shoes.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Damn that's crazy
              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                I love old cars. For low speed impacts, you can't beat them. For high speed shit, they're terrifying. Driving my '45 Willys always made me paranoid. I had that steel steering column staring at me with coat hanger spokes on my steering wheel. I knew if I ever got in a halfway decent accident, that column was going right into my chest. That and the fuel tank 1" under my ass.
                Good friend of mine in high school had an early 80s Thunderbird. In 1989 he fell asleep and veered off the road, hit a big culvert that he flew across, impacted the far side. Steering wheel and column hit his chest and it killed him. It was a relatively low speed crash, maybe 40 mph.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Good friend of mine in high school had an early 80s Thunderbird. In 1989 he fell asleep and veered off the road, hit a big culvert that he flew across, impacted the far side. Steering wheel and column hit his chest and it killed him. It was a relatively low speed crash, maybe 40 mph.
                  Same thing happened to an ex girlfriend of mine. Driving a small car and was hit head on. It was stated she would survived, however didn't have a seat belt on and the column went through her chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    General Patton can also attest to this phenomenon.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

In old cars, steering columns used to kill people in 20mph crashes. Your aorta can't handle the stress of your heart snapping forward in your chest, so it tears, and you bleed out internally in seconds.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Same thing happened to an ex girlfriend of mine. Driving a small car and was hit head on. It was stated she would survived, however didn't have a seat belt on and the column went through her chest.
                        That totally sucks, but who doesn't wear a seatbelt nowadays? Perhaps I'm the exception, and not the rule, but all passengers, front and back belt up before we go anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          That totally sucks, but who doesn't wear a seatbelt nowadays? Perhaps I'm the exception, and not the rule, but all passengers, front and back belt up before we go anywhere.
                          well, for history sake, my Willy's had no seatbelts. (I added belts and a cage later).
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            This was back in the late 80's when seat belts weren't mandatory. Remember, I'm old.

Comment

Seat belt alone probably wouldn't completely protect you. You'd need to have a shoulder strap too to keep you from slamming into the column.

Comment

I think most cars, if not all in the 80's had shoulder straps?

Comment

Working...
                                X