• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badass truck man

Comment

that bitch is clean!!! very noice!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        Cool. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just spit balling and thinking through my inventory to see if I have something that will help you get it into the weeds on the cheap/free/easy.
        Oh it's all good man. I appreciate it though.

Originally posted by badass88gt View Post
        sweet truck aaron, when u gonna sell it to me?
        Thanks Adam. I think I'm going to have to hold on to this one for a while. I'm really anxious to start driving it. When I get it painted and lettered up the way I'm envisioning, it should be just right.

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
        Looking great! That thing has cool written all over it....
        Thank you sir !!

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
        You should post this build thread here

It will bring you some business as well, but word it very carefully, that site is the most money hungry bunch of admins/owners you will ever see. Find a way to "mention" you do pinstriping. Don't post it as your business vehicle, local guys are always looking for a good striper, and I usually suggest you.
        Yeah, I'm over there. CRASH was already taken, so I used Crash'd Artwerks. I have been meaning to start a build/intro thread over there and casually mention that I'm a pinstriper. Thanks for mentioning me ! I really appreciate it.

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
        Nice! Are you on the other site too? the chevy forums? I just got a 64 Burban and have been planning on hitting you up for some work in the middle of the hood area. I got a long ways to go to get to your level though so it will be a while. Truck looks awesome
        Yep, see my post above. Whenever you get ready just give me a shout. Thanks for the compliments !!

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
        Badass truck man
        Thanks man !

On another note, I now have 42 degree air blowing out of the vents ! And HOLY CRAP will that thing blow hard !! Should be ready to put the chrome grille back in it and plug up the headlights. I pulled the hood off to clean it all up and paint the underside.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
          You should post this build thread here

It will bring you some business as well, but word it very carefully, that site is the most money hungry bunch of admins/owners you will ever see. Find a way to "mention" you do pinstriping. Don't post it as your business vehicle, local guys are always looking for a good striper, and I usually suggest you.
          Man that is no shit

Comment

Bad ass ride!! I really wish my grandmother would have never sold my grandpa's chebby. It was the exact same truck but with a camper.

Comment

I like it!
              It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                Oh it's all good man. I appreciate it though.

Thanks Adam. I think I'm going to have to hold on to this one for a while. I'm really anxious to start driving it. When I get it painted and lettered up the way I'm envisioning, it should be just right.

Thank you sir !!

Yeah, I'm over there. CRASH was already taken, so I used Crash'd Artwerks. I have been meaning to start a build/intro thread over there and casually mention that I'm a pinstriper. Thanks for mentioning me ! I really appreciate it.

Yep, see my post above. Whenever you get ready just give me a shout. Thanks for the compliments !!

Thanks man !

On another note, I now have 42 degree air blowing out of the vents ! And HOLY CRAP will that thing blow hard !! Should be ready to put the chrome grille back in it and plug up the headlights. I pulled the hood off to clean it all up and paint the underside.

-Aaron
                cool....I need to come by and check it out sometime. I want to get some more ideas for mine before I dig into it too much. I am planning on doing a 5.7 and 4L80E for sure, but the rest is still to be decided

Comment

Bitchin truck

That thing needs some flake/lace on the roof
                  (And of course your striping to advertise)

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    Bad ass ride!! I really wish my grandmother would have never sold my grandpa's chebby. It was the exact same truck but with a camper.
                    Thanks ! I have a "wish I would have never sold it" story too. I kick myself in the ass every time I think about my old '54 Chevy 2 door sedan that I got rid of. If I could have back ANY vehicle I ever owned, it would be that one. Oh well !

Originally posted by jtm98snake View Post
                    I like it!
                    Thanks, me too !

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
                    cool....I need to come by and check it out sometime. I want to get some more ideas for mine before I dig into it too much. I am planning on doing a 5.7 and 4L80E for sure, but the rest is still to be decided
                    Do you know where my dad's shop is ? Stop by any time. We're almost always there during the day until about 4-5pm.

Unless you're going to be pulling stuff, or racing, you don't really need the 4L80. It's a heavier duty trans for sure, but it sucks a lot of power.

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                    Bitchin truck

That thing needs some flake/lace on the roof
                    (And of course your striping to advertise)
                    Thanks Wade ! I'm pretty much making my mind up on flattened ivory, and leaning towards a copper/root beer flake roof. And OF COURSE, some striping !

Got a lot done to it again today. Got the hood off and painted the under side and put back on. Made a HUGE difference on the engine bay looks !! Got the grille in after we charged the a/c and made sure we didn't have any leaks.

There is a VERY SLIM chance that I might be able to drive it to the Invasion tomorrow. I am going to get up early in the morning and take all of the junk out of the bed and drive it around a little. I haven't gotten to put any miles on it since I did the 5 speed swap and a/c. I'm excited !!

-Aaron

Comment

Very Nice Aaron!!! I dig it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueJunkie View Post
                        Very Nice Aaron!!! I dig it!!!!!
                        Thanks Jeremy ! I'm diggin' it too ! Hopefully I can get it out and drive it some today !

Comment

Aaron, is that a stock oil bath air cleaner, or what?
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                            Aaron, is that a stock oil bath air cleaner, or what?
                            Yes sir. Just cleaned it all up and painted it. Same with the alternator. I mean, I don't know if it's the original one, but I disassembled it, cleaned it all up and painted it as well.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                              Yes sir. Just cleaned it all up and painted it. Same with the alternator. I mean, I don't know if it's the original one, but I disassembled it, cleaned it all up and painted it as well.

-Aaron
                              still functioning as an oil bath filter?

I have one off a chrystler at the shop.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                                still functioning as an oil bath filter?

I have one off a chrystler at the shop.
                                Yep. I just need to pour some fresh oil in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X