No announcement yet.

My new pinstriping delivery vehicle....'66 Chevy SWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the custom ss upper radiator pipe. Do you have solid motor mounts in that truck?? Or is there enough flex in the short pieces of rubber hose?
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
      There is absolutely no way I can lower it more by cutting the spring. I can literally put one finger between the bump stop and control arm. The problem with lowering these trucks more than about 5" by static drop, is you run into scrub line issues. I figured if I brought the opening down, I would still have plenty of suspension travel too.
      -Aaron
      Do you have to run a larger wheel to run drop spindles on it?
      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
        i learned how to drive standard on my dads 66' 283 3spd

that's one sweet ass truck you built
        haha... same here. My dad's brother owned the truck when he passed away, then my dad took it over. He kept it, fixed it up and drove it for 10+ years. He taught me to drive out at my Grandfather's farm, out in the field. 3 speed on the floor. I remember trying to sneak out it in when I was about 13 because you could start it with a flat head screwdriver.

Nice job Crash.

Comment

That is very nice can't wait to see it all done

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
            Do you have to run a larger wheel to run drop spindles on it?
            No. But if I put 2 1/2" drop spindles on it, with the 3" springs that are on it now, it would be close to having scrub line issues.

Comment

Fuck it, just take it to John and bag it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Fuck it, just take it to John and bag it.
                Bags won't do a damn thing if there isn't enough suspension travel at the current height.
                2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

No. But if I put 2 1/2" drop spindles on it, with the 3" springs that are on it now, it would be close to having scrub line issues.
                  Cool. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just spit balling and thinking through my inventory to see if I have something that will help you get it into the weeds on the cheap/free/easy.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

awesome truck, probably not the same year but kinda reminds me of terry's truck in true blood which i've always liked

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                      awesome truck, probably not the same year but kinda reminds me of terry's truck in true blood which i've always liked

The one in that pic looks like a 71 - 72.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

sweet truck aaron, when u gonna sell it to me?

Comment

Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
                          Bags won't do a damn thing if there isn't enough suspension travel at the current height.
                          Well if you did air with a spindle it would make for a good mix. You could recover some of the lost suspension travel when driving, and still be able to put it in the weeds when you want. But you are talking more $$

Comment

Looking great! That thing has cool written all over it....
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

You should post this build thread here

It will bring you some business as well, but word it very carefully, that site is the most money hungry bunch of admins/owners you will ever see. Find a way to "mention" you do pinstriping. Don't post it as your business vehicle, local guys are always looking for a good striper, and I usually suggest you.
                              Slow moving projects
                              1964 C10 350/700r4
                              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

I bought this truck back in the beginning of May and have been working on it since. It had a rebuilt 283 with 3 speed on the column when I got it. I had a T-5 5 speed out of a wrecked '89 Camaro Z-28 that I planned on using. Ended up buying an S-10 T-5 core for the tail shaft housing and shift rail so I could get the shifter moved forward and out from under the seat.

I traded my '55 Buick Century wagon for the Coker wide white wall tires and the entire A/C system that's made specifically for this truck from Old Air Products in Ft Worth (thanks to John at Harwell Motors !). Did some trade out work for having the wheels powder coated by BA's Powdercoating in Denison and they turned out awesome.

Recently got the seat back and got it put in today. It was covered with a medium brown leather by Ronnie Cathey at Custom Trim in Sherman. It looks GREAT !!

Here's some pictures from when I got it to the shop, up until now.
                                Nice! Are you on the other site too? the chevy forums? I just got a 64 Burban and have been planning on hitting you up for some work in the middle of the hood area. I got a long ways to go to get to your level though so it will be a while. Truck looks awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X