My new pinstriping delivery vehicle....'66 Chevy SWB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new pinstriping delivery vehicle....'66 Chevy SWB

I bought this truck back in the beginning of May and have been working on it since. It had a rebuilt 283 with 3 speed on the column when I got it. I had a T-5 5 speed out of a wrecked '89 Camaro Z-28 that I planned on using. Ended up buying an S-10 T-5 core for the tail shaft housing and shift rail so I could get the shifter moved forward and out from under the seat.

I traded my '55 Buick Century wagon for the Coker wide white wall tires and the entire A/C system that's made specifically for this truck from Old Air Products in Ft Worth (thanks to John at Harwell Motors !). Did some trade out work for having the wheels powder coated by BA's Powdercoating in Denison and they turned out awesome.

Recently got the seat back and got it put in today. It was covered with a medium brown leather by Ronnie Cathey at Custom Trim in Sherman. It looks GREAT !!

Here's some pictures from when I got it to the shop, up until now.

Comment

Comment

That's sweet
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Looks great man. I like it!!
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I've done quite a bit of work to this truck since May. Doing the 5 speed swap was fun. I bought the S-10 core and when we got it to the shop and I pulled it apart, apparently it had been sitting upside down full of sludge for who knows how freakin' long and the top plate was caked with sludge. I ended up using the tail shaft housing, and taking the top plate apart and swapping the shorter S-10 shift rail out with the longer Camaro rail.

After all that, we realized the speedo gear is in a different place on the output shaft, so my dad made a spacer and we had to drill a hole in the output shaft for the little clip that holds the gear in place. That was fun because the output shaft is harder than a preacher's dick in a mule's ass !!

I already had a new clutch and pressure plate to go with the Camaro trans, but the original pressure plate was 11", and the Camaro stuff was 10 1/2", so I just had the pressure plate resurfaced and used the Camaro clutch.

Comment

Very Nice!!
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

i dig it. looks good crash

Comment

Thanks guys !

I ended up lowering it with 5" drop springs in the rear and used a shock relocation kit and put new Monroe Magnum gas shocks under it. Then I used 3" drop springs up front with CPP drop shocks. I wanted to do a set of 2 1/2" spindles and disc brakes, but it wasn't real high up on the list of things I needed.

I did, however, spend a little money on a new chrome front bumper, new chrome grille and head light rings, and new aluminum tail light bezels and park light bezels.

I had the aluminum radiator from a previous project that I never used it on and I'll be damned if that thing slid down in there like it was made for this truck. We just had to modify the upper radiator mount a bit, and decided to go ahead and make stainless upper and lower radiator tubes/hoses.

I have a new dual reservoir master cylinder that isn't pictured that I haven't put on yet.

We've done A LOT of re-wiring stuff to clean up and make work. Completely re-wired the park lights from firewall to hood park lights. Completely re-wired the tail lights.

There's a bunch of stuff that I've done to this damn truck that I'm not thinking of right now, but you guys probably don't give a shit anyways so I'll spare you the rest. LOL !

-Aaron

Comment

Bitchin!!
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Nice!!
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Looks awesome man, Nice meeting you guys the other day. Your dad is one cool ass guy. My little brother still talks about your shop.

Comment

Thanks ! I'm so excited to start driving this thing ! It's going to be cruising down the road by next week !!

It's so close !!

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post
                            Looks awesome man, Nice meeting you guys the other day. Your dad is one cool ass guy. My little brother still talks about your shop.
                            Thanks man ! It was good meeting you too. I assume that Draglite wheel worked out ok for you ? What did you ever find out about those cop wheels ?

-Aaron

Comment

Hell. Yes.
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                              X