No announcement yet.

Have 2 Tone Paint, Change Or Leave It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knew a guy in school that had the same color combo with grey bullit wheels and cobra rear bumper. Looked great

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      i'd keep the paint and get different (non black) wheels
      I have to strip the wheels and repaint them, so I could paint the centers a different color.
      I like the wheels, plus they're still 4 lug and haven't really cared about a 5 lug conversion.
      I do like the Saleen knock offs though, and they come in 4 lug.
      2 Chronicles 7:14
      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
        Knew a guy in school that had the same color combo with grey bullit wheels and cobra rear bumper. Looked great
        With the 4 lug I don't have that option. I would love to do the 5 lug conversion some day.
        If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

id leave the paint, and maybe go with a silver or polished wheel. Looks good though!!

Comment

Like the fat lady singing got a gut punch.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Do the bottom in charcoal and paint the wheel centers charcoal like the real saleens. I think a fine line done in a light blue would look killer.
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

what front bumper is that?

Comment

Just my two cents the fox saleen SCs from the fox would look great if you got the staggered 17x8 front and 17x10 rears w/ black centers and leave it two tone. I think that car looks good as hell. definitely different
                    Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD. You wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences!

90 GT Carb 331, heads cam and a lot of bottle
                    95 Tbird SC forged 3.8, MPX supercharger, heads cam, and a little bottle

Comment

Looks good to me just the way it is. I would leave it all and spend your $$$ on some performance mods.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, maybe leave it for awhile, or atleast until the temps drop to under a 100*
                        4bangin, another member is how I actually found out what front cover it was. it's a DECH front end, who's know about the sides and back. lol Wish it had the DECH rear. Been looking for this body kit for awhile. Although the DECH kit isn't available after a ton or searching actually found a company that makes this kit minus the DECH logo on the rear bumper.
                        DECH no longer exists, although the DECH Mustang was pretty unique, yet Canadian. Which this car is not a DECH.

The car was built or whatever you want to call it by Chris Kaufmann. There was a 2 part series in Hot Rod called SpeedBreeding that covered Chris Kaufmann and the handful of Mustangs he modified in 87' and 89'. Lost the links and article though.
                        What was the deal maker when I got it was the previous owner (Adam) had all the reciepts from day 1, very documented car. I big binder of all that was and had been done to it, with all the articles and hand written not by Chris Kaufmann.
                        Actually got a hold of Chris Kaufmann on Facebook, still need to ask him some more questions though.

DECH coupe that I wouldn't mind owning. All white looks nice.

Comment

Car has a period-correct modded look. I would leave it as is.

Am I the one who told you it had a DECH front cover?

Rear and sides look like the old/early Saleen style add on parts Cervinis and a number of others copied.
                          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                          X