Little League pitcher takes a line drive to his ballcap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little League pitcher takes a line drive to his ballcap

I'm not sure how to embed this video, but WOW. Kid was lucky as hell, and even got back up and recovered after just a stunned couple of seconds. That could have been BAD. I've never seen anything like that in baseball before.

Good luck, along with the flat brim of his cap, saved youngster Braydon Salzman from serious injury at the Little League World Series on Friday.
    Salzman, a pitcher for the Huntington Beach, Calif. team, would have been hit in the forehead with a ball in the third inning were it not for his caps' bill, which cushioned the blow of a line drive smoked back through the middle.
    Salzman tried reaching with his glove, but wasn't quick enough to catch or even deflect the liner hit by Ryan McCormick of Cumberland, R.I. Though the impact knocked Salzman backward to the ground, he reflexively got on all fours in an attempt to pick up the ball, though he never made a throw and McCormick was safe at first with a scary single.

Lucky kid... but on the flip sides, concussions haven't affected me affected me affected me

Comment

damn that kid is lucky

Comment

In before every sport requires kids to wear full body padding that makes them look like the Michelin Man.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

The very reason why even playing softball I would never pitch. Fuck that.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            The very reason why even playing softball I would never pitch. Fuck that.
            Due to the 1:10,000,000 odds that you a come-backer?

Comment

Coach wanted me to throw a few balls, I always declined scared I'd get hit by the damn ball. First time I ever pitched in little league I got hit directly in the face just like that. Last time I ever pitched.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

slo mo looks like he barely even got hit by the ball... looks like quite a lil drama queen puss, he might have a future in law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Due to the 1:10,000,000 odds that you a come-backer?
                  They happen fairly often in slow pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    They happen fairly often in slow pitch.
                    I've pitched off and on for 11yrs. It happens, but head shots are limited.

Comment

Working...
                    X