Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First official Porsche 911 (991) pictures. The classic is back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First official Porsche 911 (991) pictures. The classic is back.

Here it is finally, after millions of spy shots.

These appear to be the first photos of the 2012 Porsche 911 (Codename: 991), the new, 400-hp generation of Porsche's famous ass-engined sports car.
    These photos, if they're real, show another gentle generational redesign, incorporating a similar ovular headlight design as the outgoing 997 with a more dramatic LED foglight package extending out beyond the Cayenne-esque grille openings, compete with LED turn signals similar to what we'd expect to find on an Audi.

In profile the car looks similar to the previous generations, carrying over the same big rear that makes the Porsche 911 iconic and different, though this time it's 2.5 inches longer. Speaking of the back-end, the 911 now has an extremely narrow slit of a taillamp wrapping around the back-end of the car.

Most dramatically, the interior finally catches up to the rest of the Porsche lineup with the long, raked center tunnel design launched on the Panamera. The multi-gauge cluster that's a hallmark of the 911 remains intact.

As we previously reported, the Carrera model launches with the 3.4-liter boxer-six it shares with the Boxster S, good for 350 horsepower. The new Carrera S, pictured in these photos, now has 400 horsepower from its 3.8-liter six. A hybrid version is on the way, but isn't pictured.

Comment

the interior is fucking sweet

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Comment

The interior is fuckin bitchin, but I think it looks like the same old 996. Those still dont handle as well as the Caymans though. If the Cayman had a twin turbo, it would be over.

Comment

I could not sit in that for fear of getting that interior dirty.
            Nice!

Comment

Rather have a Lambo or a Ferrari
              1967 Mustang Fastback - 5.0 32V Stroked Teksid - Supercar GT heads - MARCELLA Billet intake -
              - Twin Precision 6766 Turbo set up - BigStuff3 - AMS1000 - Built GM 4l80e - Art Morrison Chassis
              - Sparco Milano Leather Seats- Forged 18" wheels - 29" M/T tires + A/C & heat!

1991 TT Mod Foxbody Coupe- Build thread... http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=422864

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                The interior is fuckin bitchin, but I think it looks like the same old 996. Those still dont handle as well as the Caymans though. If the Cayman had a twin turbo, it would be over.
                I want a cayman s in a bad way.

Comment

I don't know and waaaay to much stuff on the back

Comment

I'm so in on C4S. There are a few for sale that are pure sex. Waiting on a 6k mile used one at 20% off retail. Lazy re-style (as usual) but a step in the right direction.

Digging the Aston Martin style tail lights. My used Aston bid has been vetoed by the wife.

Comment

I dig it but it is WAY too Audi. I love Audi's but not mixed with a Porsche. I'm torn between being totally sold on it though.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I love that car!

Comment

Still looks like a vw beetle.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

It needs a spoiler of some sort, I've never like the sloped ass end look of a porche without a spoiler.

Comment

i've been a fan of the 911 since i could comprehend what a car was, but that's not doing it for me at all.

this is the sexiest Porsche to date.
                              Originally posted by 56482
                              only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Working...
                              X