Joplin, Missouri tornado pics 3 months later...pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joplin, Missouri tornado pics 3 months later...pic heavy

I booked a hotel in Joplin a couple of weeks ago for business. I knew I had heard the name Joplin before but I couldn't figure out where from. All it took was a drive one block north of the hotel to find out.

I have never seen destruction like this in my life. It's mother nature at her worst. The saddest part about all of this, apart from the loss of life, is the fact that a lot of these people are still living in these homes with no roofs, windows, etc.

This all happened May 22, 2011 and the level of destruction is still mind bending.

The house above are completely flattened. You can see the trees are just now blooming.

This used to be a hospital.

This used to be a Ford Escape. Seeing completely destroyed cars in front yards is a very common sight. This one happened to be right on the side of the road.

This was some sort of High School.

Comment

This was the most surreal pic I took. The house's were literally blown away and this is the only way to identify where they once stood.

Comment

Rebuilding takes time...

Comment

wow...sometimes you never know how FUCKD everything could be in a split second...

Comment

on abcnews today, they were there and showed what is left.

all high school kids got a free laptop and backpack all donate ... that was way kool to help them out like that. bet it raise a lot of those spirits. since their high school is in an old shopping mall

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
              on abcnews today, they were there and showed what is left.

all high school kids got a free laptop and backpack all donate ... that was way kool to help them out like that. bet it raise a lot of those spirits. since their high school is in an old shopping mall
              I just saw that on the news here at the hotel. I thought that was pretty cool. I think they said 7 of the 9 schools here were destroyed or severely damaged.

Comment

Hmm, still no news of looting, or accusing Obama of hating white people.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  Hmm, still no news of looting, or accusing Obama of hating white people.
                  But it was W's fault!

Comment

So tell me... where are the roving looter mobs and people screaming for free FEMA trailers?
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      So tell me... where are the roving looter mobs and people screaming for free FEMA trailers?
                      That's easy, there was one common denominator that was present in New Orleans but wasn't in Joplin.

I think you know where I'm going with this.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                        That's easy, there was one common denominator that was present in New Orleans but wasn't in Joplin.

I think you know where I'm going with this.
                        Severe water damage?

Comment

I like the enthusiasm sir, but that's not the direction I was going.

Comment

Yeah, and it'll probably never make news that civilized neighborhoods are taking forever to get help from the government, insurance and so forth.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                            X