No announcement yet.

Any cooks out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just the two barrels alone were 450 pounds. It's gonna way right at 950 when we're through. The thickness of each are 1/4 thick, it'll be here for the rest of our time.
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
      Just the two barrels alone were 450 pounds. It's gonna way right at 950 when we're through. The thickness of each are 1/4 thick, it'll be here for the rest of our time.
      Ignorant question on my part, but how do you move it around if you need to?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Ignorant question on my part, but how do you move it around if you need to?
        Generally with a trailer.

Comment

Not an ignorant question at all, you dont. It's going to have what they call a quick connect coupler on a 5" pole cemented in the ground that will allow it to spin in a 360 degree motion depending on which way the wind is blowing. That has a big part to do when cooking on a smoker.

Comment

Brian, is there a downside to the smokestack being that long?
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It's kind of a joke with my cousin. I sent him a picture like that. But No, there's not.

Comment

Interesting, I didn't know that was the way a smoker worked. I don't know anything at all about smoking food or how to even do it.

So basically, where the wood is the "heat box" so to speak, has a side compartment where the heat/smoke travels through slow cooking it kinda like a crockpot?

Is it strictly wood used, or is it used in combination with charcoal to keep the fire going?

I've seen on some of the BBQ shows where sometimes food is cooked 24 hours. How do you keep the heat at a controlled level to where you want it?

Are all types of meat cooked at the same heat level? Or can you only cook one type at a time?

Sorry for all the noob questions, but I really want to learn how to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  Brian, is there a downside to the smokestack being that long?
                  Ummm adjusting the temp maybe.

Looks slow.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

You dont have to cook anything for 24 hours, the longer you cook it, the more smokey it taste. Hickory or Apple Tree wood is the best flavor of wood. I really dont know all the physics to make it hold a temperature. It just does.

You can cook several kinds of meat at once, you'll have to move it around from time to time depending on the hot spots.

Comment

So you're building something that is supposed to catch on fire?

:P

Comment

Are you really bringing something up that is that old?

Comment

I just really wanted to italicize something.

Comment

Me too

Comment

Where did you get the poop pipe for this project? My local supply only carries up to 10" OD.
                              Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                              Baja-Bob.com

Comment

What the fuck is going on in here?
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X