Any cooks out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any cooks out there?

I'm building this for my cousin and thought I'd share. It's a big ass smoker for those who dont know what it is. 50x20 is the grill area just to give you an idea and the fire box is 22" long as well. I should finish it today or tomorrow. Ribs anyone?

Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Looks slow!
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Wherez exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Wherez exhaust?
        details man.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

ZOMG can you make more?? I'm in need of a sturdy one!!

Comment

I'm a wannabe chef thats for sure. I love cooking for the family but still have alot to learn still. One of those things is learning how to smoke/BBQ food. My wife's family are all Texans and I'd really like to learn to BBQ and make some southern favorite dishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I'm a wannabe chef thats for sure. I love cooking for the family but still have alot to learn still. One of those things is learning how to smoke/BBQ food. My wife's family are all Texans and I'd really like to learn to BBQ and make some southern favorite dishes.
              But I thought you hated BBQ?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                But I thought you hated BBQ?
                Nah, it's brisket I don't care for. I have yet to have one that doesn't taste like an old shoe, but I love my family and will learn to make anything they like. I'm going to attempt some country style ribs this weekend on the grill for the first time. I always get nervous trying new stuff, especially with meat that is so expensive and don't want to ruin it only to be embarrassed having to order pizza. lol.

Comment

No exhaust as of yet!
                  Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

I've been thinking of making one for quite a while...interested in thread.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                      No exhaust as of yet!
                      Are you gonna put a magnaflow on it?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I use to make some like this. They always turn out awesome. I say you get one of those parts store truck tips in chrome for the exhaust!!
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Looks huge!

How thick are those barrels?
                          Weigh that sucker after you get done!

Comment

Nice, I picked up this one from Academy this weekend. It's the only one out there other than a custom that is actually welded anymore. I was very disappointed to find out the new New Braunsfels smokers are bolt together units.

For 400 bucks it can't be beat, for a off the shelf model

The Old Country BBQ Pits Pecos Coal Smoker features all-welded steel construction with heat-resistant paint for lasting use. Stainless-steel "stay cool" handles provide safety, and the sturdy steel bottom shelf offers convenient storage. Wagon wheels for easy transport. Slide-out cooking grate and heavy-duty coal grate.
                            Features and Benefits

All-welded steel construction with durable heat-resistant paint
                            Stainless-steel "stay cool" handles for safety
                            Sturdy steel bottom shelf provides convenient storage
                            Drop-in steel front table
                            Slide-out cooking grate and heavy-duty coal grate
                            Wagon wheels for easy transport

Product Weight (lb.): 350
                            Product Width (in.): 24
                            Product Depth (in.): 72
                            Product Height (in.): 54

Comment

Looks oddly familiar. I would have loved to have made mine out of pipe but I was building on the cheap.

Looks good so far.

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              Are you gonna put a magnaflow on it?

I have a Supertrapp muffler I considered putting on mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X