No announcement yet.

Salt water tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, my skimmer doesn't seem to be deep enough in the water as it isn't making foam at all. It's been running over 2 days now. I hope it breaks in soon or else I'm going to have to change something. It's sitting at about 6" down in the water. If anyone has any pointers or tips give em to me.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I would use green and blue chromis instead of damsels. They are not as aggressive and get along better than damsels. I wish I would never have gotten the damsels. I can't tell you how much money in fish I have lost because of them. I have a 140 gallon that has been running for almost 3 years and the only way to get the damsels out is to almost empty the tank. I really like the look of your tank but smaller tanks are more work than big tanks. Smaller water volume means more frequent water changes and much easier for a nitrate spike to kill everything. Looks good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
        Sweet, my skimmer doesn't seem to be deep enough in the water as it isn't making foam at all. It's been running over 2 days now. I hope it breaks in soon or else I'm going to have to change something. It's sitting at about 6" down in the water. If anyone has any pointers or tips give em to me.
        What skimmer? It could be too deep. Check the manufacturer. Also, it can take a couple days to really build some frothy crap.

Comment

This is my 55g corner that i've had it running for about 5 months now. I have not added any fish yet since this is my 1st salt tank I'm taking things slow. I added 35 lbs of LR to my main display tonight bringing my total to 110lbs in main tank & about 25 in my fug. I'll snap some current pics tomorrow when the water settles and my frags open back up. I currently have some green star polyps, frogspawn, hammer coral, zoanthids & shrooms. I was given some coral today when I got my lr but I forgot the name of the frag? I have about 25ish lbs of LR in my fug with a couple of Mangroves and some Chaeto, I plan to add a fish soon. lol
          Do any of you member of any forums?

Comment

I am a member on dfwmas.org and I cruise around alot on reefcentral too. same screen name. they have lots of people that really know their stuff on there. when I first got into salt tanks that is where I started doing all my reading.

Comment

I use dfwmas some, I like aquariumadvice.com because they have a app for my phone & iPad. It is super easy to drop some serious coin in a marine aquarium.

Comment

Here are the pics i got today since I added all the new rock.

Comment

Working...
                X