Pics of my vortech swap :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my vortech swap :)

finally got around to swapping out my POS Paxton 1000 to a vortech V1 S Trim I bought from a buddy. while I was at it, I put in 42# injectors, a boost reference fuel pressure regulator and the boost timing master I still have to put in. right now it's setup for 14 psi, a bit much for my engine but I don't plan on gettin on it because I know what will happen if I do. he gave me the 8 psi pulley I just have to put it on. shouldn't need much of a tune afterwards, depends on what the BRR and BTM does when I watch my air/fuel and feel it out to pull some timing. anyways, here's the pics I took of the whole process. enjoy.
    Paxton ripped off

new mounting plate on

test fit, before rotating to fit piping

the mess lol

Upper intake off ready to pull old regulator and old injectors out

new boost reference regulator
    On, new injectors in.

all good to go

More pics comin
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Now for a couple cruise pics yes,,, I know it's squatting in the back that's because I had both toolboxes and some of my military gear in the trunk lol..

sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Damn, that fucker is clean. You need to race my Mustang II. I don't have a blower, though.

Comment

overall, the swap wasn't too hard. ran into some fitment issues here and there with some of the piping since it was hacked for when I had the Paxton but I made it work. car runs a lot better now with all the new fuel stuff I did, and once I get the boost timing master setup and the 8 psi pulley i'll be good to go. I don't wanna blow it up with the 14 psi pulley on it now lol. the crank pulley is massive,, almost double the size of my old one lol and it kicks that vortech up hard and fast. the mondo bypass valve sounds friggin awesome too.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
            Nice!
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Damn, that fucker is clean. You need to race my Mustang II. I don't have a blower, though.
              Thankya,, I do my very best to keep the exterior/interior super clean at all times. always has a good hand wash and lots of wax weekly. wheels always polished/wiped down. but under the hood,, ugh.. Too much of a mess to even worry about lol

Comment

looks good man! i have that same craftsman tool set. lol

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
                Thankya,, I do my very best to keep the exterior/interior super clean at all times. always has a good hand wash and lots of wax weekly. wheels always polished/wiped down. but under the hood,, ugh.. Too much of a mess to even worry about lol
                use purple power from autozone and those shop paper towels, and a brush. cleans the engine up really well without leaving an oily surface for dust to stick to.

Comment

Measure the crank pulley and post up what size it is. Put a 2.75 or 2.95 pulley on the blower and call it day.

Oh and don't go off what PSI a pulley is for. Every motor breathes different. Put on a smaller pulley and you won't have be as aggressive with the tune and will make more power in a safer tune.

Comment

Is it making 800 hp yet?

Comment

In the 4th pic you can see the crank pulley.. it's off to the left. I can't measure it now because the front of the pulley and my fan shroud is literally 1/8" in-between. very very tight fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                        Is it making 800 hp yet?
                        Lmao no, not with my 306. once I get to Texas I'll be having someone build me an engine that I can throw this on and get crazy with it. I don't want 800rwhp. 600 would be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyjohnny View Post
                          In the 4th pic you can see the crank pulley.. it's off to the left. I can't measure it now because the front of the pulley and my fan shroud is literally 1/8" in-between. very very tight fit.
                          Get a smaller blower pulley, probably 2.95 and a new belt and you'll be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                            Is it making 800 hp yet?
                            i chuckled.....

either way nice hatch!

Comment

I have a video of the new setup on my YouTube, just idling and all that. Look up badbaltguy and it's in there

Comment

Working...
                              X