My new turd beater DD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new turd beater DD.

All in all its a great driver. Runs perfect and gets 31.8 mpg on the highway. Even racing a couple early New Edge GTs today (which I beat ) and then spending about 2 hours idleing its average only dropped to 26. I am not sure if I can run regular but with the heat and the blower I figure its better to have as much knock protection as I can get so I have been filling it with super.
    AC didnt work but thats because the previous idiot didnt put o-rings on when he replaced the compressor. Thats working now.
    It has some issues I need to correct yet. Mirrors are milky or black, drivers door window regulator is bad, drivers seat is ripped (wont fix it unless some super cheap deal turns up for a drivers seat) and the speakers are blown.
    Got a new reg on the way as well as replacement mirror glass. Found some speakers for $23 so at least I can have some tunes.

Anyway:

1999 Buick Regal GS
    167K miles
    Supercharged 3.8 V-6
    Grand Touring suspension
    All options

In the last pic you can see the dammage the PO did to the rear. I got a JY trunk lid for $18 and looks 100x better but the body dammage is there to stay.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

the only thing that sucks about those cars grandma had one you have to pull motor mounts to change the belt! other then that nice ride man!

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
      the only thing that sucks about those cars grandma had one you have to pull motor mounts to change the belt! other then that nice ride man!
      not true... however looks good!

Comment

on a 1998 i remember having to do that maybe i went the wrong way about doing it!

Comment

on a 1998 i remember having to do that maybe i went the wrong way about doing it!
          lol, sure it wasnt a bonneville? or park avenue, those you did.. however on my 97 it could have been just missing pieces. now, rear spark plugs on a warm engine have fun...

Comment

shit i dont remember been so long ago!lol

Comment

Belt swap is simple enough. Fortunatly the belts are new.

Under the car its in near perfect shape. Front sway bar end link bushings are cracked but they are under $5. The outer tie rod boots are bad but the tie rods are fine. New boots are $6 I think. Other then that all the subframe bushings are great, ball joints are tight, struts are new, brakes are about 70%. There is an oil pan leak but pretty minor, not enough to bother changing the pan gasket.
              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

You are thinking of the Bonnies...They had a large motor mount right in the center that was in the way of any and everything. My first swap motor was Bonny and I still have that bracket kciking around somewhere..

To the OP:Has the trans been replaced yet? 167K it getting up there for the 65E so start putting a little money back for when that day comes. Any plans for MODs? With a little money and some home made MODs you can drop to a 3.4 pulley and give the car a little more pep....I like the Buicks as they are pretty good looking and very comfortable.....

Edit to say: The oil pan leak is normal...You can try amny times over to get it sealed and it will never happen...Very common problem on the L-67..

Comment

Doesn't look like a turd. Looks pretty nice. I can't believe the gas mileage it's getting. Hell, I had a lesabre with the non SC engine and it only got 29mpg.

Comment

Those GS's are awesome gas, balls like you wouldn't believe. I remember driving them when they were brand new on the lot.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'd rather have the GS over the Bonnie and Riviera too.

I'll take a solid black 2003+

Comment

Got it tinted today at my favorite shop. Guys gave me a great deal since it was the 5th car I had them do. He was so excited to see he didnt need to remove old tint that he only charged me $100. 5% rear and 20% on the front doors.

Also forgot to post this pic of the trunk the car came with. Had 6 holes in it for the wing but the wing needed work so the trunk lid was a lost cause to fix, more so since a new white one thats flawless was only $18.

Comment

Start cleaning up that engine bay....They can be made to look very clean with some work/money...Here are a few that are cleaned up but not in Buicks/GTPs but you get the idea:

Comment

Nice! My granny had one just like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              Nice! My granny had one just like it.
                              Did she downgrade to a Charger?

Comment

Working...
                              X