Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new daily driver - and thank you to Skip and crew!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new daily driver - and thank you to Skip and crew!

I went to Grapevine Ford a couple of days ago to look at a 2004 Mach 1 (11,000 miles, Comp Orange, sweet ride!). Couldn't make the numbers work on it, so I looked at a nice 2011 GT 5.0, base model, automatic, really nice car though. I had to leave before we could seal the deal (I work nights and needed sleep) so I left them with the down payment and headed off. Came back in around 9:30 yesterday morning to a huge surprise. The finance guys hooked me up, and I ended up getting a new 2012 GT Premium on the X Plan. And I talked myself out of automatic, again. The 6 speed shifts like butter on the new cars.

Skip came by and said hello while I was in the finance office. He has a great crew out there, couldn't recommend them more highly. If you need a car, you need to go to Grapevine Ford!

What numbers on the Mach? What's the price?

Comment

Damnit, I'm getting jealous of everyone getting 5.0's. Congrats, it looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
        No shit - couldn't make the numbers work on a used Mach so got this?
        Regardless, sweet car. Congrats!
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I would assume total cost wasn't the issue but monthly payments. Interest rates are always going to be lower on a new car VS. used. Plus you can finance it for a lot longer. Good looking car. I guess that's just the angle of the picture with the sun that makes the rear defrost elements so visible on the car? Lower that bitch and put some dish wheels on there STAT!
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            I would assume total cost wasn't the issue but monthly payments. Interest rates are always going to be lower on a new car VS. used. Plus you can finance it for a lot longer. Good looking car. I guess that's just the angle of the picture with the sun that makes the rear defrost elements so visible on the car? Lower that bitch and put some dish wheels on there STAT!
            I was thinking that they are asking much more than book on a really low mile 8 year old vehicle, therefore could not get financed. Just a blind stab though.

Comment

Nice!
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
              George Orwell

Comment

i hope they fixed those manual trans issues

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
                  Almost $20000 and an 8 year old car. The best we got was $506/month for 36months. Not terrible, but if I'm strapping down to $500 payments, I'm getting something a little nicer. What really turned me off of it was the thought of ruining a very clean car. I was looking for a new daily and it seemed a shame to put a shit load of miles on the Mach. And honestly, after driving the new 5.0, the Mach just wasn't that impressive anymore. Damn clean car though. The original owner is from Keller too, and the car is listed on the Mach 1 Registry

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                    i hope they fixed those manual trans issues
                    If they didn't, they'll be doing some warranty work.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                      Almost $20000 and an 8 year old car. The best we got was $506/month for 36months. Not terrible, but if I'm strapping down to $500 payments, I'm getting something a little nicer. What really turned me off of it was the thought of ruining a very clean car. I was looking for a new daily and it seemed a shame to put a shit load of miles on the Mach. And honestly, after driving the new 5.0, the Mach just wasn't that impressive anymore. Damn clean car though. The original owner is from Keller too, and the car is listed on the Mach 1 Registry
                      That makes sense. I don't think in terms of monthly payment so I was a little confused. Congrats again; that's a nice car.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        That makes sense. I don't think of things in terms of monthly payment so I was a little confused. Congrats again; that's a nice car.
                        I usually don't either, and if I'd been on my new gig a bit longer, I would have just paid cash for the Mach and put it under a cover in the garage, it's honestly that nice. Like taking a time trip back to '04 and buying a new one.

Comment

See? I win...actually the OP won with that badass car.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

That's what I paid for my 03 mach 1 with 9k miles on it 5 years ago lol.

Comment

Congrats on the new car, I like your V6 too Nice car! What did your V6 4.0 run & what mods was done to it?
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              And while his kidney stones pass,
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                              X