Lady Gaga on the Howard Stern Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    If it happened like Bubba said it did, you can't blame them. They weren't making enough money on the Sirius contract to pay the staff. What was he supposed to do?

I'd consider the radioio deal, but there is no way to listen in the car. And I'm not paying $130/yr to listen to a fucking webcast that I can only listen to at a computer. They have a mobile app for your phone, but that does no good in the car, and even then, the app doesn't include the Bubba channels.
    I don't know, from what I understand Bubba had built a house that cost over a million bucks while on the sirius contract before going back to regular radio. His contract couldn't have been that bad.

Comment

I'm curoius what they offered him, he may have made a Jackie move...

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
        That voice and talent makes that shit music today?

I guess shit music is where the money is at.
        Have you not listened to the radio at all? Of course shit music can make a fuckin fortune. Run the shitty singer through autotune, Pro Tools, etc, and BAM. Pefection. Sad but true.

I wish I could find the video of a guy that takes a model that can't sing at all and makes a radio ready pop tune that sounds great. It really shows the tricks used in the studio these days.

Asf far as Lady Gaga goes, more power to her. Her schtick is making her millions and I applaud her for it. I perdonally think she'll do like Christina Aguilera. Gaga will go through all the wierd stuff, make a shit ton of money, then we'll see her finally do it the way she probably wanted to like Aguilera has done. She may not be as beautiful as Christina but she has an awesome voice that is a fairly rare thing these days.
        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

When are people going to catch on to the "weird" thing? Every few years someone comes along and pulls it like it's never been done before.

There are millions with talent, but no notoriety or success. If you're ugly inparticular you're really going to need a hook. Add some weird/shock value to a talented person, cause some controversy, create a stir, and that talented person winds up rich and famous.

David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust, KISS, Alice Cooper, Madonna, Marilyn Manson, Lady Gaga, whoever.

It's not like it's who they really are, it's a means to an end.
          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I just recently acquired sat radio and would like the opportunity to reform or re-establish my opinion of Stern that I have left over from the mid 90's. Anyone care to let me know when to catch his live shows?

Comment

I'd say the shows that he does now on sat are his best ever. I think the show is live from 6-10? you might check out Jason Ellis on Faction in 2-6 slot. Funny dynamic going on with his show. I miss Artie on Stern show, He was soo fuckin funny.

Comment

Monday through Thursday 5-9 our time is Stern live. It repeats the show throughout the day and Friday-Sunday is the best segments of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by built2layframe View Post
                  I'd say the shows that he does now on sat are his best ever. I think the show is live from 6-10? you might check out Jason Ellis on Faction in 2-6 slot. Funny dynamic going on with his show. I miss Artie on Stern show, He was soo fuckin funny.
                  Been listening to him since he used to do Saturday Nights in 06 or 07.

Used to piss me off. I would be working late in my shop wanting to listen to music and he would be talking all this nonsense.

He grew on me and I ended up finding him pretty funny.
                  US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                  X