Outer Banks vacation pics *bandwidth unfriendly*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outer Banks vacation pics *bandwidth unfriendly*

So we rented a beach house in the Outer Banks, Kill Devil Hills, NC, to be exact.

The weather was great (highs of about 85, lows about 70). Some days the waves were rough for swimming, other days it was calm.

I had never been to the Outer Banks before, but this was a great vacation (except the fishing sucked).

This is the house we rented for the week:

Here are some pics from the week:

The boys boogie boarding:

This looked like fun:

Which one of you guys was this?

There were tons of pelicans:

Here are just some general lanscape shots:

Lifeguard:

Couple of shots from Avalon Pier:

The arrow is the house we rented.

Comment

Beautiful area. I stayed in a rented beach house for a week on Top Sail Island a few years ago and loved it.

Comment

Me doing some surf fishing.

I would use fake bloodworms to catch spot/croakers and then hook them up and cast them out with the 15' surf rod.

I didn't catch shit on that surf rod. I had something take a croaker that bent the pole really well, but I didn't hook it.

Comment

i love north carolina! wouldn't mind living there

Comment

I lived there and don't want to go back. There are some nice spots but that place is too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
              I lived there and don't want to go back. There are some nice spots but that place is too slow.
              I could retire there.

Comment

It was funny to see a different kind of "street sweeper" there.

Definately not what we are used to seeing here:

Comment

We (the wife, son and myself) are going to outer banks in a few weeks for vacation. Going a little bit farther south than Kill Devil's hill but we go there for vacation about every other year. I also lived there for 5 years (stationed there while in the Marine Corps) and I loved it there. Nice pics. I'll post up some pics after we get back of the outer banks around Ocrecoke island.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

I love these two pictures, very nice. Prices seem pretty reasonable also, especially for a family or if you went with another couple or two.
                    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Beautiful scenery out there. Sucks about the fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                        I love these two pictures, very nice. Prices seem pretty reasonable also, especially for a family or if you went with another couple or two.
                        Those are about 30% resolution of the originals. The originals are about 5.5MB each.

I'm going to order at least a 20"x30" or larger of each of those for my house.

www.mpix.com does a good job of printing for reasonable prices.

Comment

You suck!!! OBX is my favorite place to chill. We used to always stay down in Nags Head.

Comment

Nice pix Matt. Especially the ones slow06 quoted.
                            I will definitely have to book mark that place for future vacation options.

David

Comment

Nice pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              X