Don't order from "Gaming N More"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't order from "Gaming N More"

Yesterday I placed an order with http://www.gamingnmore.com/ for 2 Boker Subcom knives that showed to be in stock.

Today I get an email saying that the items are backordered and may be 2-4 weeks. They asked what I wanted to do.

Really? You have to ask?

Cancel the order. If you say something is in stock, and it isn't, it should not be on the site. I also said that if it wasn't in stock, I would have shopped elsewhere and not given my personal information and CC info to them. I requested that they purge/delete all of my personal and CC info.

That's just not a way to do business IMHO.

forum check?

Comment

Of course they ask what you wanted to do. Someone else may have been willing to wait. Someone else may have decided to change their order to something in stock. You want to cancel, which is fine, and that's all you had to tell them. So did they cancel the order? If so, what's the big deal? If a tiny inconvenience has you this butthurt then you're wound way too tightly.

Comment

x2 with Jared. Maybe someone purchased a few before you? You can't avoid every possible issue but you can offer what you can and leave it at that. You can't please everyone.
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          Yesterday I placed an order with http://www.gamingnmore.com/ for 2 Boker Subcom knives that showed to be in stock.

Today I get an email saying that the items are backordered and may be 2-4 weeks. They asked what I wanted to do.

Really? You have to ask?

Cancel the order. If you say something is in stock, and it isn't, it should not be on the site. I also said that if it wasn't in stock, I would have shopped elsewhere and not given my personal information and CC info to them. I requested that they purge/delete all of my personal and CC info.

That's just not a way to do business IMHO.

http://www.gamingnmore.com/Boker-B-0...n_p_36216.html
          Some people are okay with waiting, some want a different item.

FWIW - Nearly all online specialty stores, even ones you think are GIANTS, don't stock what they sell. They drop-ship. It doesn't make financial sense to pay for items, employees, a warehouse, etc. if you don't have to and you would only lose money by doing so.
          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
            forum check?
            I meant to put this in the Back Porch, but my bad. Someone can move it.

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            Of course they ask what you wanted to do. Someone else may have been willing to wait. Someone else may have decided to change their order to something in stock. You want to cancel, which is fine, and that's all you had to tell them. So did they cancel the order? If so, what's the big deal? If a tiny inconvenience has you this butthurt then you're wound way too tightly.
            It's just a pet peeve. If it says "In Stock", then it had better be "In Stock". Since I got the email, I posted the links, and even though I've been told it is backordered, to this very minute it still shows to be "In Stock".

So after notifying a customer that it is not in stock, why leave the "In Stock" on the website?

I have recieved no notice yet that the order has been canceled.

You can really be an asshole in inferring that I'm butthurt and wound to tight. Like I said, it's a pet peeve. Run the damn website accurately, is that too much to ask? When you get an order and have to email a customer, what is so hard in changing the status?

Jared, sometimes you have absoluetly no common courtesy.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
              x2 with Jared. Maybe someone purchased a few before you? You can't avoid every possible issue but you can offer what you can and leave it at that. You can't please everyone.
              I will again ask what is so hard about having an item reflect an accurate status instead of letting people place orders when you know you don't have it?

It's akin to a bait-n-switch tactic.

Instead of having to send emails, just put the damn thing on backorder.

Comment

I meant to put this in the Back Porch, but my bad. Someone can move it.

It's just a pet peeve. If it says "In Stock", then it had better be "In Stock". Since I got the email, I posted the links, and even though I've been told it is backordered, to this very minute it still shows to be "In Stock".

So after notifying a customer that it is not in stock, why leave the "In Stock" on the website?

I have recieved no notice yet that the order has been canceled.

You can really be an asshole in inferring that I'm butthurt and wound to tight. Like I said, it's a pet peeve. Run the damn website accurately, is that too much to ask? When you get an order and have to email a customer, what is so hard in changing the status?

Jared, sometimes you have absoluetly no common courtesy.
                LOLz Jared, you are an insensitive a-hole!

Comment

I will again ask what is so hard about having an item reflect an accurate status instead of letting people place orders when you know you don't have it?

It's akin to a bait-n-switch tactic.

Instead of having to send emails, just put the damn thing on backorder.
                  Shit happens and there is not 100% guaruntee that every buying experience is going to be perfect. It sounds like there was an issue, they tried to rectify it and thats all that can be done.
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

the schmuck that called you and told you it was outta stock making $7/hr is PROLLY not the IT guy in charge of web design.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      the schmuck that called you and told you it was outta stock making $7/hr is PROLLY not the IT guy in charge of web design.

god bless.
                      Isn't minimum wage like $8.18 now? Shits insane..

Comment

Maybe they had 50 units in stock and 25 other cops ordered 2 each before you, hence the back order.............

Comment

Thread backfire

Seriously, not all website shopping carts keep an active/accurate quantity on hand, as they do not tie into an inventory system. So they may require someone to manually update out of stock items.

Maybe the guy who does that was out of the office today. Maybe his kid was in an accident and he is at the hospital right now watching his child cling for their life. So sorry he didn't have time to update the damn website, and that their shitty customer service had to take the time to call you to ask you what you would like to do.

Fuck those assholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            Thread backfire

Seriously, not all website shopping carts keep an active/accurate quantity on hand, as they do not tie into an inventory system. So they may require someone to manually update out of stock items.

Maybe the guy who does that was out of the office today. Maybe his kid was in an accident and he is at the hospital right now watching his child cling for their life. So sorry he didn't have time to update the damn website, and that their shitty customer service had to take the time to call you to ask you what you would like to do.

Fuck those assholes!
                            are you saying "we need to see/hear both sides of the story??

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              are you saying "we need to see/hear both sides of the story??

god bless.
                              Oh My Jebus A Christmas!

Paul, if I haven't told you today.... I <3 you...

Comment

Working...
                              X