My new work/storm chasing Land Yacht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new work/storm chasing Land Yacht

I needed a large 4x4 for work and a bigger storm chasing rig so I went to find an Excursion. I was really looking for a 00-02 7.3 diesel but they are still pulling in quite a bit of money. I found a V10 Limited 4x4 in Oklahoma for cheap and ended up getting it. Bone stock except all wired up for CB and scanner. A little rough around the edges but I bought it for $4,500 so I'm not complaining. I could have probably made 2 pots out of all the Oklahoma Clay I cleaned off of it. Future mods are going to be Giant rebel flag painted on it, 6ft lift, a tanker truck in tow and baby seal hood ornament. Lol I'll keep it stock and drive it. Maybe rhino line the trim and wheel wells. Aftermarket grill with off road lights. I saw 17mpg on the highway coming back home. I'm sure later down the road I'll get a 7.3 but this will have to do for now.

fuck... $4500 seems like a good deal to me!
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

It was a really nice family in OKC who used it as a farm truck and boat tower and he had just bought a new F250 and an FX35 for his wife so they were just getting rid of it. They posted it on craigslist Friday for $5000 and I talked them down due to the damage on the drivers fender. It had a blowout. Runs great. 210k miles

Comment

Put a cobra motor in it!!11!

Comment

Not a bad deal at all. I've been looking for a clean diesel with decent miles but as you said, they are pricey.

Comment

Genuine Saskatoon seal skin bindings?
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Fuck dude, Cummins swap it!
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'll have a v10 excursion 4x4 for 4000 in a couple days

Comment

I have a 2wd V10 excursion and I love it... except when I have to fill it up... it only gets about 13 mpg
                  1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

<-----wants the excursion grill for the f-250 buzzo finds for me.

Comment

An eco boost in one of these and Ford would sell a ton of them.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        I'll have a v10 excursion 4x4 for 4000 in a couple days
                        Haha damn. Any good grills people recommend? I'm also going to put stock mirrors back on it. It has some really crappy aftermarket extendable ones that are broken.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                          I have a 2wd V10 excursion and I love it... except when I have to fill it up... it only gets about 13 mpg
                          that's honestly not bad if that's daily driving...

a diesel one is going to get about 16? figure the cost of fuel per gallon and you're not doing too bad really
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I bought a diesel after driving the V10 for a while... of course its a diesel beetle but it gets 45 mpg so black on black leather 5 speed with dark tented windows isn't so bad with 45 mpg

edit: and 13 in the V10 is getting on the highway in Carrollton and getting off the highway 25 miles later... no real stop and go traffic. I live and work right off of the highway
                            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

yeah, that's not so hot, but if you drive like I do, it's not bad! LOL
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X