No announcement yet.

This is why I love rural PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id offer 5500-6000 cash. Worst case you put it on ebay and sell it for 7000-8000

Comment

Uh, what truck are u selling?? Not ur new f150 I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        Once I sell my truck and have money in hand im going to inspect more, drive it and if it looks good ill start the negotiations

Comment

1967 was a good year for the dart! better looking and the engine bay was allot wider than previous years!

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            The hood scoops are Super Bee. I'm guessing '70. It's just a plain V8 dart that got gussied up. That quarter stripe is pretty bad.

Big blocks don't fit in A-bodies very well. The 383 (low-deck B engine) cars were kind of a handful since you couldn't get power steering or brakes. The 440 (tall deck big block) cars had to be built by Hurst and were absolute death traps.
            Well that sucks.

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
            fixed
            This ain't the vet, dude. I know what I said!
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              What's your advice Danny? Good car to fix up, or walk?
              Walk. I'm not a Dart guy. Yes they can be cool and fun, but they aren't worth the money to fix up.

I will say that the square '66-67 B-body cars are some of my favorites, but they just don't sell as well as the later cars: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...item2c5e09f16c

If you're looking for my Mopar advice, get a '68-70 B-body or '70-71 E-body. Yes they cost more - a LOT more - but they are worth every penny you put into them.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

my dad had a 69 340 GTS Auto. Was ugly brown. He used to do SCCA time trials with 4 wheel drum brakes....and he calls me crazy.

He drove a 383 GTS and walked. Said the steering wheel was useless!

Cool cars. Light and if you could get the 340 with the 4 speed, they were quick!

Comment

Trip..

Probably an original 273 Hi-Po Gt.. Very common car back then. Their light weight made them a pretty good performer, considering the size of the engine.
                  As to the comments about the 383/440 A Bodies being death traps, thats a new one to me. Ran a 69 Formula S 383 Cuda fastback that had power steering and power brakes. Not a corner carver, but handled decent straight line.
                  440 swaps (did a couple) are not that bad, and with a few engine mods, can result in a car running deep into the 11's with no problems.

Bill
                  Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Working...
                  X