This is why I love rural PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why I love rural PA

So I was doing my sales calls around the area and came across this '67 Dart. I dont know much about these cars, but it had a GT grill, and a 340 carb cleaner on it, edelbrock intake, etc.. Now this car had a few things I'd like to remove such as the hood scoops and traction bars, stickers, etc but the body was in REALLY good shape. Paint looked original or close to, straight body. Interior was clean. Anyways, the guy is asking 8k or best offer, which means I could probably talk him down. These cars are EVERYWHERE around here btw and most are just chilling on pastures or barns. This one happened to be for sale. What do I got?

From the looks of it , it has a 273. If it is a GT it would have come with a 273 from the factory. Vin will tell you. It appears to be a $6000-9000 depending on condition. FYI air cleaner is from a later model H-code

Comment

Nice car but yeah, just a clone (no 340cid for `67, probably a re-badged 273cid).

David

Comment

Yeah I looked and it looks like the 340 was on the '69+ I think from a body/motor perspective though it has great potential, especially for a northeastern car.

Comment

Nice find, but Darts never really have brought in money like the other Mopars for some reason. I think they are cool as hell.

Comment

That thing is screaming for a cleanup, like you said OP, and then a 400ci B engine.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Nice find, but Darts never really have brought in money like the other Mopars for some reason. I think they are cool as hell.
              I like 'em. Tiny little cars. Wouldnt take much to make it scary fun.

First vote for 5.3 swap
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Once I sell my truck and have money in hand im going to inspect more, drive it and if it looks good ill start the negotiations

Comment

The hood scoops are Super Bee. I'm guessing '70. It's just a plain V8 dart that got gussied up. That quarter stripe is pretty bad.

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  That thing is screaming for a cleanup, like you said OP, and then a 400ci B engine.
                  Big blocks don't fit in A-bodies very well. The 383 (low-deck B engine) cars were kind of a handful since you couldn't get power steering or brakes. The 440 (tall deck big block) cars had to be built by Hurst and were absolute death traps.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

What's your advice Danny? Good car to fix up, or walk?

Comment

I think that stripe is from a Rumblebee Ram. Looks like it doesn't remotely fit the car.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Id walk on 8k, might be interested at 5ish or less, but they arent as popular, not a whole lot of stuff to do to it either...
                        Ive seen a few bitchin Darts, but they werent budget built.

Would roll any of these though

Comment

As said above, not an original 340, probably 273 or maybe even 318. As straight as it is, $8k is too much. 6k...maybe, 5k probably would do.
                          If I could get it for 5k, I'd drive the shit of it and eventually put a 360 & supporting drivetrain in it.
                          '67 through '72 Darts are my absolute favorite Mopars. I still kick myself for letting my '70 go as cheap as I did.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            That thing is screaming for a cleanup, like you said OP, and then a 500ci stroker kit!
                            fixed

Comment

Check out grandpa's pickup!

Comment

Working...
                              X