GM's newest idea....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM's newest idea....

I thought the government is putting pressure on the car makers trying to make trucks get 25 mpg plus in the very near future. I don't see this getting anything close to 25 mpg.

FOR MORE AUTO SHOW VIDEOS & NEWS VISIT: http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/2011-chicago-auto-showThe GMC All-Terrain HD Concept was created to endow ...
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Yeah I saw that at the Dallas auto show. Beautiful truck.

Comment

Trying to keep up with Ford and the popularity of the raptor
      Originally posted by Yale
      I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

Ah... another bed-bender.

Comment

...and in typical GM fashion, it will cost considerably more than the Raptor...

Does GM ever have an original idea when it comes to trucks?

They are trying to make an offroad truck (like the Raptor), and also stole Dodge's design for the lockable boxes in the sides of the bed...
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

It's a concept, not a production vehicle. It is doubtful they'll ever build it because a total redesign of GM's trucks is due at the end of next year.

BTW, the CAFE rating is the average MPG of all light trucks sold by a particular manufacturer. The 32mpg Chevy Equinox counts towards that average. Also, flex fuel vehicles get a break on their mileage rating. Notice that almost every truck from GM and Ford is now a flex fuel vehicle? That's the reason for it. There are also other loopholes that help the CAFE rating.

Comment

Im not a fan... I know they are going for the HD look...but it looks way bulky

Comment

Considering what a current Dmax Denali cost I bet that thing is going to push north of 60k. Cool truck, but unless you need the towing capability the Raptor still looks better and will be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                  ...and in typical GM fashion, it will cost considerably more than the Raptor...

Does GM ever have an original idea when it comes to trucks?

They are trying to make an offroad truck (like the Raptor), and also stole Dodge's design for the lockable boxes in the sides of the bed...
                  GM introduced the lockable bedside boxes in 2002 on the Avalanche, when did Dodge come out with it? I want to say 2009. And as for off road trucks GM had the H2T in 2005 and had the H3T in 2009. If anything Ford is taking those ideas and improving on them.

Comment

That's no Raptor competitor. The guy said it was a low speed rock crawler, and not a high speed off road trail truck.
                    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Ford is best! GM sucks!

That thing looks awesome... And lol @ the raptor fanboys.

Comment

And as for off road trucks GM had the H2T in 2005 and had the H3T in 2009.
                        Wrong, GM "acquired" Hummer and then took the Original Hummer Design and changed it and called it the H2. The H2 is nothing more than a Tahoe with a H2 body on the frame with bigger tires. The H3 is just a body on the Colorado frame with bigger tires.

They took a very very capable and bad-ass vehicle (the original Hummer) and turned it into a giant grocery getter with the gas mileage of an abrahms tank. For the most part, only snooty people would buy a H2 as a "status symbol", and NEVER drive them off road. They are no more capable off road than the 4x4 Tahoes.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          GM introduced the lockable bedside boxes in 2002 on the Avalanche, when did Dodge come out with it? I want to say 2009. And as for off road trucks GM had the H2T in 2005 and had the H3T in 2009. If anything Ford is taking those ideas and improving on them.
                          It was an option on Fords in the 60's and 70's.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                            It was an option on Fords in the 60's and 70's.

Stevo

Yep, my dad had a 70 something ford ranger that had em.

Comment

I buy two of them.
                              Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Working...
                              X