Colorado trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado trip

Had a great vacation last week. It flew by so fast. We drove up to Colorado Springs area. We stayed in the KOA at Cripple Creek for 3 days then KOA Royal Gorge for 2 days. We totally unplugged. No radio, no TV, no DVD, no GPS, no Internet, nothing but a phone for emergency.

I really get it now when people say just how flat and boring West Texas is. I couldn't quite comprehend it until I saw it for myself. New Mexico wasn't a whole lot different but we did get to see some mountains. We didn't get to tour the volcano but maybe next time. We just breezed through to CO. When I got to Colorado "breeze" was the main word. WTH? I could not stop blowing ass the whole time I was there. Something about the altitude I guess.

Life had to be tough back then

We reached Trinidad, CO and decided to take a break, have lunch, splash in a water park and what not.

We had no sooner sat down to eat at a city park next to a creek when we saw these skater kids and heard one of them yell "A BEAR!" We just figured he was joking around with his friends until I saw what he was pointing at. Across the creek and trying to dive into a McDonald's dumpster....

Our humble cabin in Cripple Creek

The view behind us...

A lot of these prairie dogs nearby.
    Last edited by Frank; 07-18-2011, 10:23 PM.

The town of Cripple Creek

Toured a house of ill repute...

Old mine?

Comment

Spotted this unusual body kit I had never seen before. I really liked the looks of it.

Comment

Comment

Later that day we made our way to Manitou Springs. Typical tourist area with high priced boutiques, art galleries and too many damn hippies. Nonetheless it was fun and there were a couple of cool stores like the Mountain Man outfitters that carried all manner of black powder guns and camp gear. Over priced of course.

Had to watch out for thugs hanging around...

THIS was a VERY cool store. Everything was American made and reasonably priced.

Comment

Usually these touristy type areas don't seem to have much to offer for the kids but we hit the jackpot. A city block of nothing but arcade games and 25 cent rides. The kids couldn't get enough. I had a nostalgic urge to play Pole Position and made 1st place.

This has got to be the oldest "video" game I have ever played. You can't even call it a video. It was basically rolling films of backgrounds and a plane silohette dancing around and when it crossed the crosshairs on the screen you shot it down and a red fireball appeared as it went down. Still fun though.

Comment

Very cool. I have been to Colorado several times and love the land.

Comment

glad you had a blast!

we drive by that volcano a few times a year. I walked down in it once just to say I did. Where are the pics of the mountains!?!
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Across the street from this wagon I saw this stone stair case I just had to go investigate.

Comment

Comment

wow. that's some really nice country.
                      Originally posted by 56482
                      only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

Looks like you had a fun time. If you didn't gamble in Cripple Creek, don't worry you didn't miss anything.
                        De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Nice man! what camera are you using for the pictures? I just got back from Colorado as well. Spent a lot of time in Denver and the mountains North West of there. Its gorgeous for sure

Comment

Did you enjoy Manitou? I dated a girl who lived there. From her basement couch, you could see pikes peak through the window. It was amazing.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Hell yeah! We were just there as well! We stayed in Colorado Springs and hit up Canon City Tuesday, Denver Zoo and Aquarium Wednesday and drove up Pike's Peak Thursday. Good times!

...and very pleasant weather to counter these consecutive 100°+ days

Comment

Working...
                              X