Couple lamps I made..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple lamps I made..

Found this lantern at a flea market and figured it would be pretty simple to turn into a lamp. Turned out decent, so I got another one on ebay, which turned out to be tiny. Turned out alright as well.

They have a touch dimmer (touch the lantern anywhere to turn on) that has three settings, the clear glass, incandescent bulb, when set on low looks real nice.

I left the glass of the lantern dirty to add to the rustic look.

I've been thinking about making a couple more, and possibly selling them. How much do you think I could charge some yuppie for one?

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Is that the 8 oz bottle, or 12?
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

8oz.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

So the red lamp is smaller. I like the red one better.
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

If you could wire them to hang, it would be nice over a door or wet bar. You need some history (bullshit story) to increase desirability (price).

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              If you could wire them to hang, it would be nice over a door or wet bar. You need some history (bullshit story) to increase desirability (price).
              Hanging would be easy I imagine. Those tubes on the side are hollow, easy to feed some wire down there. The bigger one is at least 70 years old I believe, hard to tell because they made a couple million of this same design.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Flea market on la salle?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  Flea market on la salle?
                  Yea, I've been a couple times.. There is maybe 5-8 deals (for lack of a better word) worth a shit IMO. I'm PMing you right now about vinyls.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Yea, I've been a couple times.. There is maybe 5-8 deals (for lack of a better word) worth a shit IMO. I'm PMing you right now about vinyls.
                    That pretty much sums it up. There are always a few things, but most of it is as shitty as you'd expect.

Comment

G'Day Mate

Comment

nice fluke. cool lamps too.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I was really looking for some $$ figures. Could I throw this shit on Etsy for $80?
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                            I was really looking for some $$ figures. Could I throw this shit on Etsy for $80?
                            Can't hurt to try.

I’m too slow for the fast cars and too fast for the slow cars.

Comment

I would think $50 at least. Nice job btw.
                              -Blaine

Comment

Working...
                              X