X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      Reminds me of the joke of the old American that goes to France and the French demand a passport. The old man says the last time he was in France he had no passport. The Frenchman says you silly American, a passport has always been required. The old American replies "the last time I was in France was 1944 and you weren't checking passports".

Thanks for the pics CJ. Is that lens insured? Hint-hint.
      it's insured against damage, not theft
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        it's insured against damage, not theft
        You know theft from tourists is a huge problem in Europe. You should really get a policy :-)

Comment

CJ...

Thanks much for the pics!!

Bill
          Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Wow.
            Thanks for posting these CJ.

David

Comment

Well, been a busy few days. Tired as hell, but I've been reducing image sizes the last few evenings in anticipation of posting up some more stuff. Went to Dachau concentration camp - that was a very interesting experience, and a very odd one in many ways. I'll post up some pictures of that here soon. Today I went to the Eagle's Nest. It was awesome - great view, tons of history. I also went into the SS barracks just lower of the Eagle's Nest and took advantage of this fast 14-24mm f/2.8 lens - really cool in there, one hell of a bunker system. I'll put some pics up this evening hopefully.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

You said 14-24mm f2.8.

Solid barg.

Would look better on a FX camera :-)

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  You said 14-24mm f2.8.

Solid barg.

Would look better on a FX camera :-)
                  Solid. Barg. Best lens ever. No CA at all anywhere. Sharp at the edge as the center--- amazing. Fast as hell in the dark, great lens. Too bad it has an anamorphic front element - no way to add polarizing filters easily. That would make it god like. I declare it the best piece of glass ever created.

Comment

That is one reason I don't have it. I am too anal with my gear and have good quality haze/UV filters protecting my front elements.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      Well, been a busy few days. Tired as hell, but I've been reducing image sizes the last few evenings in anticipation of posting up some more stuff. Went to Dachau concentration camp - that was a very interesting experience, and a very odd one in many ways. I'll post up some pictures of that here soon. Today I went to the Eagle's Nest. It was awesome - great view, tons of history. I also went into the SS barracks just lower of the Eagle's Nest and took advantage of this fast 14-24mm f/2.8 lens - really cool in there, one hell of a bunker system. I'll put some pics up this evening hopefully.
                      I visited Check Point Charlie and the Museum and was deeply affected by the pix and facts that accompany that place.

I so envy you right now CJ.
                      Congrats man.

David

Comment

Dude, im jealous of your trip. Very neat to see pics of the cemetary.

Comment

bump for veterans day.

Comment

Only 3 pictures? Can you post more

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                              Only 3 pictures? Can you post more
                              lolz, can you see when this thread was started?

Comment

There should be 7 pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X