Intake cover for the stang.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake cover for the stang.....

This is a little something I've been working on past few days. Nothing major, but thought it would look a lot better this way. Since my car is red, figure I would match it instead of leaving it stock. Trimming the tape for the letters was a pain in the ass..lol Only thing left is for me to put the horse back on and clear it. Gonna clean up the stang and put it on. I'll post those later on. I thought it turned out pretty good being my 1st time doing something like this. Not perfect by any means though.

This is what I used....

looks good rafa!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

looks good so far ralph!

Comment

I agree, looks good.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I think it looks like crap!

Just kidding man, I dig it!

Comment

thanks
            I just need to see what type of glue so I can put that horse back on there

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
              I think it looks like crap!

Just kidding man, I dig it!

thanks...
              now get to cutting pairs

Comment

Good mod!! I like it!
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Looks good man!
                  Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                  I just need to see what type of glue so I can put that horse back on there
                  Try one of these two, they should be fairly easy to find...

or

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

should have made Henry do all the work and paint it for you for feeding him BBQ and beer all the time!

Comment

Looks good.

I do have a suggestion to make that job a lot easier though..

Next time try putting a clearcoat on after the red paint; let it dry thorougly, and then paint the whole thing black. While the black is still slightly tacky, carefully rub the black off the letters and intake fins, revealing the red (and clear) items underneath. Then clearcoat the entire thing.

It's a little easier than taping up all those letters, lol. Great job!
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        should have made Henry do all the work and paint it for you for feeding him BBQ and beer all the time!

LOL...but then he'll be sitting at my driveway asking for parts all the time

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Looks good.

Next time try putting a clearcoat on after the red paint; let it dry thorougly, and then paint the whole thing black. While the black is still slightly tacky, carefully rub the black off the letters and intake fins, revealing the red (and clear) items underneath. Then clearcoat the entire thing.

well shit..just reading that already makes it easier...LMAO
                          good to know
                          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                            thanks...
                            now get to cutting pairs
                            LOL, he has cut a shit ton of prs for me.

Also that things good.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              Looks good.

A saw something on a TV show that was similar. They used a Q-tip and put some vasoline on the letters they did not want painted, then sprayed the entire object, let it dry and wiped the vasoline off.

Looks good tho! A lot of work!

Comment

Working...
                              X