This is how the new ford 6.7L diesel should had come from the factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is how the new ford 6.7L diesel should had come from the factory

It makes 522 rwhp with everything factory. Supposedly it would had made more if it had more fuel. This thing will be a beast.
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

I thought it was gonna have a metal oil pan. Another mod, another day I guess.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

with no tuning at all... wow!
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I agree...every truck needs red intake tubing and a conical filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
          with no tuning at all... wow!
          It has tuning....

And that truck with the stock CP4.2 is limited to how much fuel it can flow. I can not sustain much rail pressure when you start tuning on them. Your looking at about a tops of a 150hp tune. And thats just due to the Injection Pump itself not being able to keep up the rail pressure.

Fun trucks though!

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            I agree...every truck needs red intake tubing and a conical filter.
            Hell yeah. I'm just saying that ford should had done the something to the 6.7L like what the 6.4L had. I don't think ford would have the turbo issues they are having and I don't think the 6.7L would lack air in high altitudes.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

6.4 > 6.7
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                6.4 > 6.7
                I would have to agree. There seems to be a lot of 6.7's out there with turbo issues. Plus I know the 6.7 has only been out for a little more then a year now but as far as performance goes. Performance shops are having a hard time at making 500 rwhp with the stock turbo. It runs out of air when it gets close to that number. So I see a lot of turbo upgrades in the future if you want to make some power with those motors.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                  I would have to agree. There seems to be a lot of 6.7's out there with turbo issues. Plus I know the 6.7 has only been out for a little more then a year now but as far as performance goes. Performance shops are having a hard time at making 500 rwhp with the stock turbo. It runs out of air when it gets close to that number. So I see a lot of turbo upgrades in the future if you want to make some power with those motors.
                  Its not just the turbo!

Do some reading about the CP4.2 and you will understand.

Comment

please dont even put the 6.4 in the same sentence as the 6-7

Comment

Originally posted by appelingogt View Post
                      please dont even put the 6.4 in the same sentence as the 6-7
                      Why is that?

Comment

because the 6.4 is a beast and the 6.7 is a turd in comparison
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          because the 6.4 is a beast and the 6.7 is a turd in comparison
                          I was hoping that is what he meant.

Comment

the 6.4 is the worst design period. i'd love to dropkick the stupid fuck who thought it would be "ok" to use 27,000 psi fuel pressure and not expect to melt a block down if something goes shitfaced in the system...

Comment

Originally posted by appelingogt View Post
                              the 6.4 is the worst design period. i'd love to dropkick the stupid fuck who thought it would be "ok" to use 27,000 psi fuel pressure and not expect to melt a block down if something goes shitfaced in the system...
                              Every Common Rail built hits that rail pressure if not more when tuned.

The 6.4s are very stout but like any vehicle, it will have its factory flaws that can be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X