Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camping at Caddo State Park and a Friend's Lake House (lots of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping at Caddo State Park and a Friend's Lake House (lots of pics)

I posted this at a kayaking forum, but I figured that some of you folks might appreciate these...

A friend of mine was nice enough to invite some of us to his lake house out in East Texas for some kayak fishing. We had a blast paddling and fishing there as it was a no wake lake and the wind was great. We left on Saturday and went to camp out at Caddo State Park as I have always wanted to go check that place out...

Loaded up the trailer with three of my yaks on Thursday and about to head out...

We brought a Redfish 12, Manta Ray 14 and an old FishmanPro 14...

Pics of the lake and some fish that we caught...

And yours truly pulling a "Mary Poppins" with the umbrella/sail (I'ma go look for a bigger umbrella)

We arrived at Caddo State Park around 1PM on Saturday. Visiting this place is like going back in time...

Views of/from the camp site...

My buddy "Strami" trying to paddle through some thick lily pads. We were able to get a campsite that we could launch the yaks on (Mill Pond), but getting through these took a little effort.

Pics of the paddle out to the main strip where we found a lot of boat traffic on Saturday...

Last edited by fredfarmer; 07-12-2011, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Stopped on a sandy beach for a quick swim to cool off...

Paddled back around the campsite to take some more pics and call it a night...

Comment

Pics from my chair at the camp site Sunday morning...

I forgot my camera on Sunday, so I used my iPhone to take these. I also borrowed my buddy's camera to take some pics, but I do not have those yet. I might upload them later.

We followed a slough that took us to Carter Lake (I think) and we only saw two other boats up there. Most boats could not get through here so it was pretty sweet...

Comment

On the way back we found a real shallow slough that only kayaks and maybe a canoe could get through. ..

I can only assume that this is a make shift dear blind? It was in the wildlife management area but hard to see on the crappy iPhone pic...

More pics of the shallow slough that we went through...

Comment

Comment

Getting loaded up back and camp and about to hit the road...

No service on my phone almost all weekend, yay!! (My employer calls me a lot when I'm off as I am the IT Field)

Saw a couple of deer, but only was able to snap a pic of this one on the way out...

Time to make the drive back to the metro mess...

Between my friend's lake house and Caddo State park, I don't think I could have had a better trip. Looking forward to planning the next one, just not sure where to yet.

Comment

Cool pics looks like fun.
                Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Are you saying Caddo is a no-wake lake or just the area that ya'll were at?

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    Are you saying Caddo is a no-wake lake or just the area that ya'll were at?

Stevo
                    We stopped at a friends lake house in East Texas on the way to Caddo. The lake that his house was on is a no wake lake. Caddo Lake is fair game on wakes. We never made it to the main lake at Caddo as we had too much to check out in the swamps.

Comment

Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
                      We stopped at a friends lake house in East Texas on the way to Caddo. The lake that his house was on is a no wake lake. Caddo Lake is fair game on wakes. We never made it to the main lake at Caddo as we had too much to check out in the swamps.

Ahh, I gotcha.

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Dang it, I need a kayak now.

If the area where the "deer blind" is ever gets enough rain to hold water, it may be an old duck blind.

Comment

Great pics. Looks like an awesome time.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Cool pics man. I never would have guessed Texas has swampy areas like that.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Used to go to Caddo Lake St Pk 3-4 times a year as kids. Lots of good times!

Comment

Working...
                              X