Interesting Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Jeep

Saw this in Forney today. Never seen anything like it.

Followed the link on his jeep and found this:

Comment

18 Trojan T890, 8.00 Volt, Lead-Acid, Flooded
      190AH @ 20 hr. 15 batteries in rear of Jeep, 3 in front. Also uses two 12 vdc deep cycle bats for 12 vdc system; also located in front engine compartment. The 8 v batteries weigh 70 lbs ea.
      Over 1000 pounds of batteries in the rear of that Jeep...

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I just got a chance to see the link. Pretty freakin cool if you ask me. Top speed is 60, but it was pretty slow whle following it.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Top speed is 60, but it was pretty slow whle following it.
          I bet he would stop your ass off the line. Electric motors have instant torque and potential high speeds. The downside right now is range. You have your choice, quick, fast or a long range. Can't have it all.

I've been playing the idea for a while. Makes a great daily if you only travel 40-50 miles round trip.

Been looking at older 911 and 912s, 3 series BMWs and even a fox body for the conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            I just got a chance to see the link. Pretty freakin cool if you ask me. Top speed is 60, but it was pretty slow whle following it.
            Maybe he got tired of you riding his ass?
            - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
            1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
              Maybe he got tired of you riding his ass?
              Maybe theyre just at a stop light?

wait, wait, obviously they are at a light.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                Maybe theyre just at a stop light?

wait, wait, obviously they are at a light.
                But it's green!
                - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
                  I bet he would stop your ass off the line. Electric motors have instant torque and potential high speeds. The downside right now is range. You have your choice, quick, fast or a long range. Can't have it all.

I've been playing the idea for a while. Makes a great daily if you only travel 40-50 miles round trip.

Been looking at older 911 and 912s, 3 series BMWs and even a fox body for the conversion.
                  This guy built a motorcycle that's both quick and fast, really quick and really fast actually, but not much range.

One of the cooler features is regenerative braking. It has some sort of 2wd setup taken from some exotic dirtbike and modified for regenerative braking instead of driving the front wheel.

I swear there is a better site of his out there somewhere, this one looks cheesy.

Somehow he got banned from the electric series (for being too fast?) said fuck it I'll run with the gas bikes. The bike is relatively as fast, but he doesn't finish the races yet.

Bike has run over 190mph at the Mojave mile. In comparison that's much faster than a stock 1000cc sportbike and faster than a new ZR-1 (stock they do low 180s in the mile)
                  US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post

At 4100+ pounds minus driver I'm not so sure about that.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                      At 4100+ pounds minus driver I'm not so sure about that.

Stevo
                      Nothing gets off the line better than my 1986 5.0.

Comment

Working...
                      X