Now this is funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is funny

Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.

Good Samaritan Thwarts Carjacking

Published : Monday, 11 Jul 2011, 3:21 PM CDT

Lari Barager
    FOX 4 News

Adapted for Web by Tracy DeLatte | myFOXdfw.com

FORT WORTH, Texas - A Fort Worth man recently stepped in to save a woman from an armed carjacker. She’s calling him her hero.

The crime happened in the middle of the day Saturday at a gas station on Camp Bowie Boulevard at Horne Street on Fort Worth’s west side.

Susan Torres was sitting inside her car when the suspect came up with a gun. He pointed it at her head and told her to get out.

“All I kept thinking was he’s gonna shoot me and the kids will not have a mother. That was the thought going through my head,” she said.

Sam Anderson was parked nearby and saw the whole thing. He jumped out of his car to help.

Anderson tried to get inside Torres’ car but the suspect had already locked the doors. He said he pulled on the handle so hard he tore it off.

He punched in the window and grabbed the gun as the suspect tried to start the car. When the suspect took off running, he chased him and fought with him a couple of times before the police arrived.

Tommy Cargill, 31, was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery.

Torres is grateful for Anderson’s help. She believes he saved her life.

"It's not every day there's this guy who's a hero," she said.

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/071...#ixzz1RrHJ0JoE
    Whos your Daddy?

Awesome story. Good for anderson, props to that guy for woopin that would-be-thief!

Comment

funny? like the police started beating the black guy until they figured out it was the white guy they needed to beat?

Comment

i bet he got some save the day pussy

Comment

Hopefully the woman doesn't sue him for breaking her window or ripping her door handle off.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

The only funny (?) part is a black guy saved a hispanic woman from a white guy. Good job on Anderson's part. I'm glad he wasn't hurt any more seriously.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I was wondering why my dog was purring today. Nobody told me it was opposite day.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                I was wondering why my dog was purring today. Nobody told me it was opposite day.
                HAHA cold blooded

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  The only funny (?) part is a black guy saved a hispanic woman that looked asian from a white guy. Good job on Anderson's part. I'm glad he wasn't hurt any more seriously.
                  fixed

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                    I lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                      The only funny (?) part is a black guy saved a hispanic woman from a white guy. Good job on Anderson's part. I'm glad he wasn't hurt any more seriously.
                      "Putting stereotypes to rest" -Tosh.0

What a stud for punching through a window
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                      X