My Custom X-Wing iPhone case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpawl View Post
    how do you know that? some comic book after story or something?
    "However, he was knocked into the mouth of the Sarlacc by Solo. Though no one in recorded history had ever escaped from the Sarlacc, Fett was able to escape, although not entirely unscathed. Thanks to his iron will and Mandalorian armor, he was able to fight his way out of the beast's belly, killing the Sarlacc. Back in action, he continued his work as a bounty hunter. "

From the Wookieepedia...

"But the Sarlacc could never hold Fett. After conversing with a fellow captive, the Choi known as Susejo, Fett discovered that this being was actually psychologically connected to the Sarlacc—and it was this advantage that he used to goad the creature into contracting around his jet pack, igniting the device and providing his means of escape, killing the Sarlacc in the process. The resulting explosion, combined with the beast's acidic stomach juices, left Fett on the verge of death. As he lay dying on the surface of Tatooine, his colleague Dengar was searching for anything valuable left from the explosion, but found Boba Fett instead, and nursed him back to health. "

Comment

oh and Blake, nice work...

I've had this idea for a while, that I might start in when i get settled in Austin.

I want to take a standard black electric outdoor smoker and turn the lid into Vader's helmet, and weld on the face of the mask to the front facade of the smoker. Then turn it into a wood/waterpan smoker.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Don't act surprised.
        Taped off the rubber parts.
        [img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/BlakesAlbum/Custom%20X-Wing%20iPhone%20Cait is after several coats of satin clear coat. I weathered it by rubbing on some powdered graphite and used tape to pull off bits of the primer, revealing the argent. I also put the edge of a metal ruler on it and pulled it down, revealing argent paint and making it look like a panel joint.
        [img]http://i40. & 1500 grit sand paper and some tape. For those that care (which I'm sure is nobody, lol) this is Red 3, Luke's mustachioed buddy Biggs that got shot down by Darth Vader at the end of the original movie, A New Hope.

Why does it look so old and worn?

Comment

All of the X wings in the movie were beat up and worn. The newly formed Rebels didn't have enough money to keep everything in tip top shape during the first attack on the Death Star.

Biggs was an imperial tie-fighter pilot before helping steal the death star plans that lead to the first attack on the death star

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post

Jesus, I'm not even a Star Wars nerd and that answer should be obvious. You're making me feel bad about my level of nerdness. Stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

I've had this idea for a while, that I might start in when i get settled in Austin.

I want to take a standard black electric outdoor smoker and turn the lid into Vader's helmet, and weld on the face of the mask to the front facade of the smoker. Then turn it into a wood/waterpan smoker.
              That would be a pretty cool smoker. You'll have to post up pics if you ever do it.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                I'll make it simpler, then. If Luke and Vader are the Hero and Villain, then Han and Fett are the anti-hero and anti-villain. Also, he's the only dude other than Palpatine in the whole storyline that demands something of Vader and isn't force-raped.
                Well said, Yale. Just because he wasn't able to take down the guys that took everybody down (Luke, Han and crew) doesn't mean his character wasn't bad ass. That, and his armor just looks cool. Stormtroopers can't shoot for shit either, but it doesn't mean they aren't bitchin.

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                That rocks man! Big SW nerd myself. Growing up on all 6 flicks, I was always a big SW model fan and immediately got the three hash markings "Rogue 3".
                Right on. I considered doing Wedge's, just because he's a survivor. But 3 hash marks looked cooler than 2, and Biggs deserves a tribute. lol

Originally posted by bpawl View Post
                how do you know that? some comic book after story or something?
                Originally told in the "Tales from the Cantina" book from the mid-90's. It's up to the fan though to decide if that's canon. I think if you were to ask George Lucas, he would tell you that the sand anus ate his ass.

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
                so no clear?? its all ruff feeling??
                Re-read the first post. Several coats of satin clear, so it's smooth, just not glossy.

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                And cool case. I can't say I'd spend that kind of time on a phone case, but then I've spent a lot more time on other more pointless projects.
                Only took 2 hours and I already had all the materials, so it wasn't a big sacrifice, just a fun thing to play with.

Originally posted by Mustangfreak View Post
                Nice work dude!
                Thank you, sir!

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

You've gotta do that, man. That sounds down right impressive!

Others already did a good job of explaining, but SW is a lived-in universe. With a few prequel exceptions, everything in it has a patina to it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Jesus, I'm not even a Star Wars nerd and that answer should be obvious. You're making me feel bad about my level of nerdness. Stop it.
                  Sorry, I've just never seen a Star Wars movie before

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                    How exactly did Boba "catch" Han? It's not exactly like he did it single-handedly. Boba Fett died by being bumped off of a hovercraft into a hole. He went out like a true champ.
                    Lies!

www.crossfit.com

Comment

Well, we'll still love you, but the Force is disappointed.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                        Boba Fett did not die in the Sarlacc pit.

Damn, I'm a nerd.
                        Looks like he died in The Force Unleashed 2. Killed by his own rocket, sent back to him by Starkiller. He was killed by his own rocket....smooth.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

whiskey tango foxtrot.......

Comment

Awesome case bro!!!
                            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                            Semper Fi

Comment

Wow.....
                              Big Rooster Racing
                              85' Coupe
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X