Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is cool

http://www.wimp.com/functionaltools/

I want to say that that has been around a while, but it's still cool none the less.

We had something similar back in HS and College. The one in HS printed with SLA and the one in college printed with nylon and a binder and had to be cured with a UV light.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

I don't get how it is a printer... A printer is something that prints something not make 3D objects. I guess a CNC machine they use to make wheels too is a 3d printer? I didn't watch the whole video and skipped around so I may have missed that.
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
        I don't get how it is a printer... A printer is something that prints something not make 3D objects. I guess a CNC machine they use to make wheels too is a 3d printer? I didn't watch the whole video and skipped around so I may have missed that.
        It prints in layers.

A CNC machine removed layers.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
          It "prints" 2 dimensionally, layer upon layer. You start with nothing, and end up with 3D object.

A CNC machine starts with a 3D object, and whittles it down to the correct specifications, totally the opposite.

Comment

That is bad ass!!
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I remember reading about this in Maxim 10 years ago. Technology FTW.
              De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

That is cool, but I wonder what the strength of it is. I can see bad things happening if I treat that wrench like I do a regular one.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X