Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some pics of scuba diving in fresh water.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clear Spring is awesome!

You didnt swim the shark? Its fucking awesome! Going inside, you get to see all the tags from other scuba divers who have gone inside. Pretty neat.

I also like the plane they have down there. fun to explore.

Comment

I would like to do that one day. Just need to get the money together to do it
      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

I'm down for it, as long as I'm not working. I'm on the dive team at work, but we dive in Lake Worth, Eagle Mountain, Lake Como, and the Trinity where you can't see anything. We dive "by braille," as they say. Pretty crazy to bump into a body in the Trinity and have to reach out and feel it to figure out that you've found what you're looking for. I've been doing this a few years and just booked my first dive trip to Cozumel with some guys from one of the dive stations. Should be awesome to be able to see underwater, and just do it for leisure instead of searching for bodies/guns/vehicles "in the dark." On top of that, one of the guys is an instructor and is going to roll my Master Diver training/cert into the trip.

Post up suggestions for a date(s) so we can all look at our schedules.

Comment

Man, I want a sea mine now.

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
            Clear Spring is awesome!

You didnt swim the shark? Its fucking awesome! Going inside, you get to see all the tags from other scuba divers who have gone inside. Pretty neat.

I also like the plane they have down there. fun to explore.
            No, I didn't have a dive light and it was freaking dark in there. Went to the plane with my instructor on the first dive after being certified.

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
            I'm down for it, as long as I'm not working. I'm on the dive team at work, but we dive in Lake Worth, Eagle Mountain, Lake Como, and the Trinity where you can't see anything. We dive "by braille," as they say. Pretty crazy to bump into a body in the Trinity and have to reach out and feel it to figure out that you've found what you're looking for. I've been doing this a few years and just booked my first dive trip to Cozumel with some guys from one of the dive stations. Should be awesome to be able to see underwater, and just do it for leisure instead of searching for bodies/guns/vehicles "in the dark." On top of that, one of the guys is an instructor and is going to roll my Master Diver training/cert into the trip.

You sir have balls of steel. I get creeped out in 10 foot visibility with no fish in the water.

Comment

Dude you will love Cozumel. I have been several times. If you can make a request try and see Palancar it is amazing! The Santa Rosa Wall is is awesome as well. It's a cheap world class diving spot. I believe #2 to the Great Barrier Reef. I have heard there are some spots in Cuba that are pristine and virtually untouched but I don't plan on going there any time soon. For the money I will go to Cozumel everytime. I always stay all inclusive at the Fiesta Americana. And on a side note I always carry a dive light in my bc you never know what kind of caves you may want to check out.

-and you do have balls that clank I hate 0 visibility!

Comment

I'm interested in getting into scuba diving, any idea how much a USED set of basic equipment I need to get started? How much is the training to get certified?

Comment

Just NO WAY I could do your job. Glad you can pull it off.

Mary & I went snorkeling in Belize last Oct. at the second largest barrier reef in the world. It was a fantastic time too. We were in Cozumel first but didn't have time to do anything other than swim with the dolphins.

Have fun and post up some pix if you can.

David

Comment

Originally posted by reytx1 View Post
                    I'm interested in getting into scuba diving, any idea how much a USED set of basic equipment I need to get started? How much is the training to get certified?
                    Used is not the way to go with the equipment. People rarely keep it serviced and the prices aren't great. I bought everything brand new and got out the door for $680. Training is $249 from Blue Sea Adventures and then the personal gear package is around $130. So figure $1000 for everything.

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                    Dude you will love Cozumel. I have been several times. If you can make a request try and see Palancar it is amazing! The Santa Rosa Wall is is awesome as well. It's a cheap world class diving spot. I believe #2 to the Great Barrier Reef. I have heard there are some spots in Cuba that are pristine and virtually untouched but I don't plan on going there any time soon. For the money I will go to Cozumel everytime. I always stay all inclusive at the Fiesta Americana. And on a side note I always carry a dive light in my bc you never know what kind of caves you may want to check out.

-and you do have balls that clank I hate 0 visibility!
                    +1. I did a beginner scuba class out there, the waters are beautiful.

Comment

Blue water is the ONLY way to dive. You can see forever. Cozumel is so nice. There's a wreck out there too, if you ask.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                      X