Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some pics of scuba diving in fresh water.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics of scuba diving in fresh water.

Went out to the lake for a day of diving, snapped a few pics with my new underwater camera. Visibility was 25 feet. Most of these pics were taken at a depth of 16-24 feet. This is at clear spring scuba park in Terrell. Used to be a rock quarry, but it was been turned into a lake for scuba divers.

Came across this bass. Probably 18 inches long.

My sis at one of the sunken boats. The SS minnow.

Random exploring netted a cool sight, an unmarked submarine mine. Most attractions have buoys marking them, not this one.

Just a couple of fish chillin by the boat.

Engine controls of a cabin cruiser.

Random Fish in the boat.

A MASSIVE channel catfish. Easily two feet long, maybe more. They are really shy and elusive, so catching one on camera was a treat.

This one was about 2 inches from the camera when we snapped the pic. Completely not afraid of you.

Here is sisco the steel 45 foot shark. You can swim inside him, but it was dark, so I chose not to.

That's really cool...

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      That's really cool...
      It's a ton of fun. Really glad that I got certified. Tell you what, it gives you a new perspective of fishing too. You can swim for a few hundred feet and never see a damned fish, then bam you will find an area that they swarm. Hit a school of big mouth bass, must have been 30 off them in this one tiny area.

Comment

Scuba is one of the funnest things I have ever done. Clear Springs is a cool park to practice at that is local. I have not gone because I don't have a dive buddy. Do you dive with a computer? Also be careful some of those damn fish will take out your ear lobe! I know from experience. I have never been bit in the ocean but one of my first dives there my ear was in a tug o war with something that crept up on me.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
          Scuba is one of the funnest things I have ever done. Clear Springs is a cool park to practice at that is local. I have not gone because I don't have a dive buddy. Do you dive with a computer? Also be careful some of those damn fish will take out your ear lobe! I know from experience. I have never been bit in the ocean but one of my first dives there my ear was in a tug o war with something that crept up on me.
          If you need a buddy, there are always people out there that are looking. Check the message boards at http://www.clearspringsscubapark.com/. Yeah, my sister has a computer and we go off from it. We were warned about the killer brim that attack your ears. Their aggression has gone down since spawning season is over. Also, my hair is pretty long, so it mostly covers my ears.

Comment

Terrell has a scuba park? That's helluva lot closer than Athens Scuba Park.

I'm in for a scuba GTG. Been 2 years since I last dove.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
              Terrell has a scuba park? That's helluva lot closer than Athens Scuba Park.

I'm in for a scuba GTG. Been 2 years since I last dove.
              Yep and clear springs is way better than athens. Far fewer wrecks to see, but better visibility and fish. Heck, I am down for a scuba get together.

Comment

Defiantly a cool way to spend a hot summer day
                http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Nice, I have been itching to get all the gear up dated. But it will cost a small fortune to have the tanks hydrostated and all the regulators rebuilt.

Comment

Im in for a gtg! Since its a spring fed lake it's a little chilly but on these 100 degree days it is perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                      Im in for a gtg! Since its a spring fed lake it's a little chilly but on these 100 degree days it is perfect!
                      The thermocline wasn't that bad today. I was in a dive skin and it took prolonged exposure to make me uncomfortable. Dive computer was reading 78*F as the coldest, but I think it was more like 74*F.

Comment

It looks like fun!

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                          It looks like fun!
                          It really is. I haven't had more fun in a sport/hobby. Kinda expensive if you want to get all of the gear right away, but you can rent gear for pretty cheap. Took two weekends to get certified.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                            Nice, I have been itching to get all the gear up dated. But it will cost a small fortune to have the tanks hydrostated and all the regulators rebuilt.
                            Just rent the tanks if it's just a day or two.

I need to get my reg's maintenance, too. I'm sure the o-rings have all dried out.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                              Just rent the tanks if it's just a day or two.

I need to get my reg's maintenance, too. I'm sure the o-rings have all dried out.
                              +1. I have all of my gear except for the tank, which I rent. Scuba Toys services regulators for $50 plus parts and Blue Sea Adventures in Rockwall does it for $60 plus parts.

And yeah, if yall want to do a get together, I am 100% up for it. I am free on the weekends. If you don't want to get your stuff serviced, clear spring rents gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X