new guinea tribe encounters white man for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    You have to wonder if they ever saw planes flying over and were at least curious.
    They probably saw them and just chalked them up to being some type of animal or something they can't explain, like aliens, or God.

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
    It isn't how they choose to live. They don't have a choice.
    They may have rules or laws within their tribe to not leave a certain area. Isolationism at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Actually, more than likely, there were probably a handful of people that found the Americas before the Vikings. We just choose to forget about all the non-european sea explorers.
      The earliest piece of information I've ever come across were the Vikings around 1000 ad. I'm not sure when the indians arrived, nor their south american counterparts. But that's the earliest that I know of.

Comment

They may have rules or laws within their tribe to not leave a certain area. Isolationism at its finest.
        Still a choice. They chose to make the laws/abide by them.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          The earliest piece of information I've ever come across were the Vikings around 1000 ad. I'm not sure when the indians arrived, nor their south american counterparts. But that's the earliest that I know of.
          I was referring to people coming by boat from Asia, well before the Vikings.

Comment

I was referring to people coming by boat from Asia, well before the Vikings.
            Who knows. If you have any information on the subject I'd like to read it. I'm going off the information that I've gained by research. I don't like being wrong, so if I am, point me in the direction of the information so I can be correct. lol

Comment

Watch "Who Really Discovered America". It was on the history channel. It makes the argument that Asiatic people were able to either island hop, or take the ocean currents to the Americas years before the Vikings. There is some evidence of certain diseases only existing in Asia and South America. It was interesting, I just wished I was able to pick up a book by one of the scientists in the documentary.

Comment

Watch "Who Really Discovered America". It was on the history channel. It makes the argument that Asiatic people were able to either island hop, or take the ocean currents to the Americas years before the Vikings. There is some evidence of certain diseases only existing in Asia and South America. It was interesting, I just wished I was able to pick up a book by one of the scientists in the documentary.
                Have their names? A quick google search of their names should bring up something, including educational history and the books they've written.

Comment

Here is a link. http://www.history.com/videos/did-th...scover-america

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Not even close, those people have no idea what government assistance is, nor do they need it to survive.
                    They looked like your typical friendly garlanians?

Comment

Working...
                    X