new guinea tribe encounters white man for the first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guinea tribe encounters white man for the first time

no commentary on this video, others have it but this shows the highlights of the encounter

it's cool to see their faces go from fear to curiosity to joy

pretty neat video. Its amazing to think that even in 1976 there are people who have never seen plastic/metal/electronics/etc

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      pretty neat video. Its amazing to think that even in 1976 there are people who have never seen plastic/metal/electronics/etc
      How about 2011?
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

1976? There are tribes in the Amazon that have recently been discovered that have never had contact with the outside. There was one filmed just this last year.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1714...-brazilian.htm
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

The only question I really have about this whole scenario is, why contact them? If they are not bothering anyone, and you don't need to contact them, why do it? They are living the most natural existence on Earth, and you ruin it as soon as you set foot in front of them.

Comment

That is awesome. Those people are forever corrupted by the modern world and will never be the same.

Comment

I thought the video was such shitty quality it was unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                The only question I really have about this whole scenario is, why contact them? If they are not bothering anyone, and you don't need to contact them, why do it? They are living the most natural existence on Earth, and you ruin it as soon as you set foot in front of them.
                A few weeks back in Brazil they uncovered another unencountered tribe (there are 30+ in Brazil), and the Christians were trying to go in and bring them the word of the Lord.

For fucks sake, missionaries need to leave people like this the fuck alone.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

^that shit pisses me the fuck off

Comment

Entering the modern world will double their life expectancy. If you think that "natural existence" is better then feel free to find somewhere remote to live and forget all technology. No cheating!
                    Last edited by TENGRAM; 07-01-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      A few weeks back in Brazil they uncovered another unencountered tribe (there are 30+ in Brazil), and the Christians were trying to go in and bring them the word of the Lord.

For fucks sake, missionaries need to leave people like this the fuck alone.
                      agreed. What those people really need is an AK47. Tribes always seem to do well with AK47's.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

What if they were more scared/defensive than curious and got to clubbing that dude with that stone on a stick. Either way, that was pretty cool. I have mixed feelings on if they should be left alone or if its OK they were trying to "modernize" them a bit.
                        Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                        That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Dances with wolves?

Comment

My old man was with the 5th AF in New Guinea from 1942 through late 1944. Brought back a bunch of pics of Papuan natives, who they called "Fuzzie Wuzzies". Our guys and the Aussies were thankful of the help they received from them in getting back from being shot down, or carried off the battlefield. I understand that there's over 300 different dialects that they know of, and who knows how many that haven't been discovered.
                            Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Hey, this scenario worked out well for Native Americans, and just about every other indigenous population on the planet......why should this be any different?

Comment

Working...
                              X