Jay Leno signs a customers car......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
    So I am guessing that was just a mistake made by yourself? Don't talk to me about proofreading, when clearly you have the same problem.
    That's actually correct. Go eat a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
      That's actually correct. Go eat a dick.
      actually, it's not, you chow mein eating faggot...

Comment

I don't get the whole car signing thing, never have. While I can appreciate Leno's knowledge and enthusiasm for the automobile, I don't find his show entertaining in the least and his position in the whole Conan deal was a dick move. I watched Conan the first few years he was on late night and enjoyed it, but didn't follow much on the Tonight Show until he was on his way out. I don't watch his new show. Of all of them, Jimmy Fallon is the only one I'll really watch.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
          Yes it is. When you talk about a people as a whole, it becomes a singular. When you talk about multiple groups of people, peoples becomes a correct pluralization of the word people. When you talk about the possession of multiple items owned by multiple individuals or groups, the apostrophe comes after the s in the word: peoples' opinions is correct grammar.

Either way, I don't seriously expect everyone's grammar, punctuation, or spelling to be correct on the internet, it just hurts my head to read most of what is written on this site, lol.

Comment

Tosh O should have a night show. I'd watch ever single one!
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
              I thought that "peoples" wasn't a word as well, so I looked it up out of curiosity, and it is indeed the plural form of "people." As in referring to a combination of two or more speparate groups of people.

That having been said, going after posts for improper grammar is lame as fuck IMO, we aren't here to write a novel or thesis. Most posts are train of thought, not eloquent commentary on the content, thoughts, and opinions expressed previously in a given thread.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                Are you blind, or just a dumb ass?
                i quick replied on the first page, never made my way to page 2 until after.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  Lol, the guy is a douche and ignorant people are sucking his dick. Sorry for saying anything. People vent on this forum all the time.

My apologies for not being a fucking mindless, uninformed lemming

That's more like it

Comment

Yes it is. When you talk about a people as a whole, it becomes a singular. When you talk about multiple groups of people, peoples becomes a correct pluralization of the word people. When you talk about the possession of multiple items owned by multiple individuals or groups, the apostrophe comes after the s in the word: peoples' opinions is correct grammar.
                    Incorrect.

Rule 4. To show plural possession, make the noun plural first. Then immediately use the apostrophe.
                    Examples: two boys' hats
                    two women's hats
                    two actresses' hats
                    two children's hats
                    the Changs' house
                    the Joneses' golf clubs
                    the Strauses' daughter
                    the Sanchezes' artwork
                    the Hastingses' appointment
                    the Leeses' books

The noun is already in plural form therefore it is redundant to use an apostrophe after the s.

The apostrophe is a punctuation mark used to mark omissions and possessives of nouns and pronouns.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      Incorrect.

Rule 4. To show plural possession, make the noun plural first. Then immediately use the apostrophe.
                      Examples: two boys' hats
                      two women's hats
                      two actresses' hats
                      two children's hats
                      the Changs' house
                      the Joneses' golf clubs
                      the Strauses' daughter
                      the Sanchezes' artwork
                      the Hastingses' appointment
                      the Leeses' books

The noun is already in plural form therefore it is redundant to use an apostrophe after the s.

http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/apostro.asp
                      I know the rule. Peoples is a correct word, when you talk about more than one people. The plural of person is people, and the plural of people is peoples.

Comment

I know the rule. Peoples is a correct word, when you talk about more than one people. The plural of person is people, and the plural of people is peoples.
                        I believe this is what is in question:

When you talk about the possession of multiple items owned by multiple individuals or groups, the apostrophe comes after the s in the word: peoples' opinions is correct grammar.

Comment

Working...
                        X