New truck pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justa4Banger View Post
    Damn Nice truck. when i get stateside i'll have to check out those ecoboost trucks...i'm interested...
    Im loving mine. Truck looks awesome Tim.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Nice truck, I'm still loving mine. The wife took it to Galveston with another mom and the kids for 5 days and I missed it.

So, when you want to let my 5.0L beat up on your little EcoBoost????

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        The turbos are TINY and you cant hear them...wish you could.
        Wait until you put some miles on it. I have 12k on mine, and they are much louder than when I got it. They started getting louder after about 5k miles.

Nice truck Tim, you will love it.

Comment

very nice. good choice.

Comment

Excellent color.

I would love to see this class of truck, reviewed by the Top Gear UK clan.

Comment

What no diesel for you? J/K nice looking truck.
              2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

i have a platunum ecoboost love it, great truck

Comment

The best 1/2 ton truck on the market. I wish they made a full four door version with the longbed and my company would lease them for me to drive. My '11 Chevy 1500 long bed with the 5.3 is a real gutless turd.

Comment

Nice truck Tim! What prompted the decision to get out of the Diesel? Did you trade it or sell outright?

I traded my Dodge over there at Grapevine when I got the 2010....they made me a hell of an offer and cut a great deal on the new one too. I still like mine a lot...never had a truck nearly this comfortable...ride is incredible for a truck, and I love the interior layout. There are only 2 things that I don't like about it.....1) it really needs a telescoping steering column...I'm 6'3" and with the seat back enough to feel comfortable I feel as though I'm reaching out for the steering wheel. 2) the MPG isn't worth a crap. That last run of 5.4's runs pretty good, but city driving now that I'm running the AC all the time is typically only 13-14....and hwy is 16-17.

I took it to Tulsa a couple weeks ago for the Mid America Shelby meet....by myself with nothing but a duffle bag and an ice chest, setting the cruise between 70-75, I hand calculated 16.4 on the first tank of gas...3/4 of which was all hwy, and the last 1/4 was mixed city and a little hwy out to Hallet and back to the venue. It isn't terrible, but by comparison....last year in my Cummins I was towing my Mustang, had my wife and her bags, plus some tools, jack, air tank, etc.....same deal...setting the cruise at 70-75....it hand calculated right at 16mpg....Loaded!

Still don't miss the Dodge other than that though....we did sweat our asses off in that thing last year too.

The Shelby meet got me all up in arms for another Mustang though....I was in talking to Reid the following week and test drove a 12' California Special. Maybe trade the truck back for a Mustang daily and use my old truck for "truck" duties when I need it....prob doesn't make the best sense I know, but the MPG in the truck didn't help those thoughts much either! ;-)
                    70' Chevelle RagTop
                    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Looks real good Tim, keep us posted on actual mileage. I'm interested as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                        Nice truck Tim! What prompted the decision to get out of the Diesel? Did you trade it or sell outright?

I traded my Dodge over there at Grapevine when I got the 2010....they made me a hell of an offer and cut a great deal on the new one too. I still like mine a lot...never had a truck nearly this comfortable...ride is incredible for a truck, and I love the interior layout. There are only 2 things that I don't like about it.....1) it really needs a telescoping steering column...I'm 6'3" and with the seat back enough to feel comfortable I feel as though I'm reaching out for the steering wheel. 2) the MPG isn't worth a crap. That last run of 5.4's runs pretty good, but city driving now that I'm running the AC all the time is typically only 13-14....and hwy is 16-17.

I took it to Tulsa a couple weeks ago for the Mid America Shelby meet....by myself with nothing but a duffle bag and an ice chest, setting the cruise between 70-75, I hand calculated 16.4 on the first tank of gas...3/4 of which was all hwy, and the last 1/4 was mixed city and a little hwy out to Hallet and back to the venue. It isn't terrible, but by comparison....last year in my Cummins I was towing my Mustang, had my wife and her bags, plus some tools, jack, air tank, etc.....same deal...setting the cruise at 70-75....it hand calculated right at 16mpg....Loaded!

Still don't miss the Dodge other than that though....we did sweat our asses off in that thing last year too.

The Shelby meet got me all up in arms for another Mustang though....I was in talking to Reid the following week and test drove a 12' California Special. Maybe trade the truck back for a Mustang daily and use my old truck for "truck" duties when I need it....prob doesn't make the best sense I know, but the MPG in the truck didn't help those thoughts much either! ;-)
                        I traded the truck. While I didnt get an awesome trade in price...I didnt expect to. I had 1 insurance claim from when I went flying off the road 2 years ago Xmas and we had the ice really bad. Then I just had a hail claim from May. The money I got from the hail claim made up the difference and I didnt go negative really.

They were able to cut a great deal on the new truck. It was $12k off MSRP.

The computer is calculating 18mpg right now...but the first 80 miles of the tank were all around town and I put another 20 highway miles on today along with 14 city. I will update you guys with some hand calculated numbers with the first few tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                          Looks real good Tim, keep us posted on actual mileage. I'm interested as well.
                          I've got 3,400 miles on mine (EB, supercrew, 6.5' bed, 2WD) and I'm averaging around 17 mpg. The vast majority of my driving is city driving and that kills the average. The EB (and I'm sure the other motors) sees mpg drop quite a bit as speed increases. If I keep it around 60, I can easily average 19-20 on the highway, but I usually drive 70-75.

I love the power - I can drive slightly aggressive and still average 17 mpg. Driving the old 5.4 motors with my habits netted me 13-14 mpg.

Comment

I was talking to TorchRedStang this afternoon and he said he got over 25mpg highway when he went on a trip last weekend.

Not bad at all..

Comment

VERY nice truck Tim.
                              Congrats, and good choice.

David

Comment

Great looking interior!

Comment

Working...
                                X